13. Nevan

T A N V I

My husband woke me up at fucking 4 in the morning to take me to meet his friend, first of all who the hell wakes at 4? And secondly, he has one more friend? This man looks like a rude robot and yet he has more friends than me.

"Aur kitni der hai?" I asked.

"Bas...we'll touch down in a few minutes" He said giving me a peck.

Ya...We are flying to Rajasthan to meet that friend.

"If he stays in Rajasthan then how are you both friends?" I asked.

"We shifted to Canada when I was 13 years old, until then I was in a boarding school in Dehradun. He was my friend there" He explained.

"Owww....Childhood friends, interesting" I said earning a look.

We landed and a Rolls Royce was waiting for us. I bet the friend is rich!

"What does he do?" I questioned suspiciously.

"He's a King"

"Stop joking" I chuckled.

"I am serious baby" He said as my laughter died.

"You are taking me to a King's palace? My outfit looks so casual!" I said.

Indian royals wear appropriate clothing all the time, even the guests are supposed to dress decently.

"Don't worry, his family isn't strict or judgemental" Divyam said as we got into the car.

We were welcomed into the huge palace which gave literal jodha-akbar vibes.

"Sir, Hukum Sa will be here any minute" The helper said and walked away.

"Div...Finally you decided to meet me" A voice came.

I saw a man walking down the stairs and also a woman who didn't look Indian but she looked familiar to me.

Both the men shared a hug while we stood there with weird smiles.

"This is my wife, Tanvi Mehta" My husband introduced.

"And this is my wife, Claire Diaz" The man said.

"Wait!!! We know each other" Claire said looking at me closely.

"Umm...Any hints?" I asked.

"We met in IIM Bangalore when you were in your first year of masters and I was there for the fest management" She said and I realised.

"Yeah....We had chai together" I said giving her a hug.

"That's great" Her husband said.

"Well this is my husband, Veer Singh Rajawat. We met in Spain, I went to my home for a wedding and he was there for a meeting. We fell in love and got married" She said and started talking about everything that happened with her after she got married.

"So? How did you both meet?" Veer asked.

"It's an arranged marriage" Divyam said making the two chuckle.

"Doesn't look like one" Claire said.

"Rani Sa, chhote Hukum Sa jaag gaye hai" A helper informed and Claire rushed upstairs.

She returned with a toddler who looked approximately 4-5 years old.

"This is our son, Nevan Singh Rajawat" She said as the boy smiled at me.

"Hi Nevan" I pulled him closer to me and he chuckled.

"You are pretty" He said, his dark blue eyes shone with happiness.