22. Protective

D I V Y A M

10 months later.

"Sir, you have to sign these documents" My PA said handing me a file.

I went through the papers quickly and was about to leave when the door to my office opened.

"Sorry Mr. Mehra, we got a bit late" Mathew said with a smile.

"I am sorry Mr. Mathew, the deal is off" I was in a hurry unlike him.

His face changed hearing to my rejection.

"I rejected many great businessmen for you" He grunt.

I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"Go back then, tie-up with them. I don't care"

"I need this deal" His tone was authoritative.

"You are standing in my company, watch your tone. If you need the deal then come tomorrow and be on time, I have a family and I prioritise it first" I said walking out and informing the team about Mathew's meeting.

Driving through the gates of my home I saw my wife standing on the balcony, holding Evara and telling her to wave at me. I waved back and quickly rushed in.

"Divyam, kinni roti khayenga?" Maa asked.

"Aap jitni bana lo" I said running upstairs.

"Yeh ladka pagal ho gaya hai" I heard Maa chuckling at my impatient behaviour.

I hugged my wife, Evara was literally caught between us.

"Paaa...Pah" She squealed wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hello Evi, did you miss me?" I asked earning a nod from her.

"And did Mumma miss me?" I asked looking at my wife who looked prettier like always.

"No, why would I?" She said.

"Rude Tanu" I gasped dramatically and Evara tried to copy me.

We chuckled at her cute attempts.

"How was your meeting?" I questioned Tanvi as she walked into the closet to get my nightwear.

"It was good, the deal is almost on our side" She goes to her office everyday but returns as soon as her work ends because handling a company and child together is difficult.

Mostly Evara goes with her and sometimes I take her with me to my office, she never cries if one of us is around.

"Great" I pecked her head and Evara tried to do the same.

"You love copying Papa, don't you?" I glared but she gave a toothy smile in return, she has gotten only four tiny teeth yet and they are damn adorable.

"Come on it's feeding time" Tanvi said in a childlike tone.

"Mera ya Evara ka?" I teased her but didn't get any reaction.

She was breastfeeding Evara and I winked at her.

"What's up Mehra?" She asked.

"I need a night with my wife but she is busy with my mini version" I said with a sad pout.

She looked at me intently and signalled me to walk closer to her.

"Boliye" I asked.

"Pray karo Evara 10 baje tak so jaaye, agar so gayi toh rakh lena aaj ki raat" She said as her tone changed.

Our eyes met for a brief moment and I figured something out, aag toh barabar lagi hai.

"Apni hi biwi ke saath ek raat bitaane mein itni shartein? Kya din aa gaye hai mere"