25. Convocation

T A N V I

"It's Evara's High School Convocation today" I reminded Divyam before he could leave.

"I know baby, I'll be there on time. Sirf 1 meeting hai" He said and rushed towards the parking lot.

"Suno toh!" I called out and ran behind him as his pace was faster.

"Ekdum DDLJ wala scene lag raha haina?" Maa teased and Evara gave a nod.

"Bas karo aap dono" I shouted while running and finally he stopped but I couldn't, so I bumped into his back and chuckled a bit.

"You aren't wearing anything on your feet, lag jayegi tujhe" He said hitting my head.

"Bacche dekh rahe hai, atleast maaro toh mat" I sulked and gave him a glare.

"Kyu Simran banke bhaagi yeh bata?" He asked with a smirk.

"Maine jeweller ke waha ek neck-piece order kiya thha, it's a gift for Evi. Aate hue woh lete aana, payment is done already" I said.

"Thanks for preparing it in advance" He said and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Koi dekh lega" I said in a hushed tone.

"Kisne nahi dekha hai yeh puch" He taunted and left me blushing hard.

We reached Evara's High School and I couldn't contain my happiness.

She was given the certificate and we cheered like maniacs.

"She did it" Divyam whispered and I gave a nod.

"I am so proud" I said wiping away a tear.

"She just passed and you guys are crying, I top my class every year and never get a single tear from you" Avyan said dramatically.

"Shut up" Divyam snapped.

These both boys are always arguing.

"I DID IT!" Evara came running and I thought she might hug Divyam first but she hugged me which caught me off guard.

Divyam looked a bit offended and so did Avyan.

"I did it Maa, all thanks to your scoldings" She whispered as I felt something wet on my shoulder, she's crying?

"You don't have to thank me baby, it's my duty" I said back giving her a forehead kiss.

"Someone forgot me" Divyam complained.

"Papa, I can never forget you" She said hugging him tightly as he picked her up and twirled her around like he always does.

"Mai pakka adopted nahi hu na?" Avyan asked sulking at me.

"Aaja! Rotdu kahika" Evara said hugging him and also hitting his head at the same time.

We reached back home and finally I gave her the gift she always talked about.

"OH MY GOD! Is that TIFFANY?" She was screaming.

She loves the brand and I could afford it easily but I didn't want to spoil her, she will get everything but she has to earn it.

"It is" I muttered helping her to wear it.

"Mujhe ek latest phone model nahi mila, isse sidha Tiffany?" Avyan asked.

"Tere high school convocation pe mil jayega latest model, even Evara has an old model of iPhone" I said.

"Guys! It's vacation and also Nevan is getting crowned as the King next week so we have to go to India" Divyam announced as I smiled brightly.