Chapter 12

Becky's POV::

I waited in the car with my dad as Luke and Uncle Shawn went into the Ice Cream Shop to get me Cookie Dough ice cream, in a pail. Under the circumstances, I didn't want to go in. My face looked hideous, and even make up couldn't fix it.

"Rebecca?" Dad asked, calling my attention. I laid my head against the window and sighed.

"Yeah?" I replied, eyeing a squirrel running across the parking lot, chasing after something.

"You like that boy don't you?" Dad asked me, and I frowned. I never really thought about it like that. All this time, we've become closer and closer, yet Luke only appeared as a school kind of crush to me. He made me feel happy, especially when he kisses me.

"I guess you could say that. I know it would never work though. He turns 18 soon." I said, sitting up to look at dad. It was true, it could never work, it would be illegal.

"All will be well in good time. You just need some faith look up to." Dad turned around and smiled, just as Luke and Uncle Shawn walked out, towards the car. My mind wandered aimlessly as I tried to comprehend what my dad said to me, is that saying he would approve?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I sat on the couch watching the guys play their game, Call of Duty: Black Ops. They were going two on two and I was getting really bored and restless.

"Becky why don't you come play? Beat Michael's ass again?" Calum pushed, offering out the controller. I shook my head and fiddled with my phone in my hands.

"Uhm, Becky can you come help me in the kitchen for a minute? I think I forgot something in the oven." Luke mumbled, leaving the room. I huffed and stood up, following him into the kitchen. It's been about 2 weeks since the accident at school, and we decided to put off any decisions on where we are going.

"Becky, I know this is a bad time but i'm worried about you." Luke leant up against the counter, staring at me.

"What's there to worry about?" I replied, crossing my arms. I hate what's happening between Luke and I, and I suppose it is all my fault but I can't figure out my feelings for him if I'm going to be moving away. Luke grabbed my hand and I frowned as shivers made its way up my spine.

"Ever since what happened at the school, you've been different. You're never happy and you always push away anything that you used to love to do." Luke said quietly and I glanced away, a feeling of anger bubbling its way up.

"You don't understand it! You have a perfect life Luke! You're famous, you have siblings, nephews, both of your parents are together! My mom is a physcopath and my dad is crippled. Oh, and don't even get me started on my anxiety and stressing over the fact that I have yet to tell you that I am moving to England-" I stopped as soon as I spoke the last part. Shit. Luke let go of my hand and his worried expression dropped.

"You had to have known that nothing would have happened between us anyways. You're turning 18 and I'm not even 14 yet. I'm just some pathetic little girl with a messed up life. Why waste it on someone like me when you have endless possibilities on what you can do?" I paced back and forth in the kitchen as Ashton, Michael and Calum stood in the doorway. "I can't do this anymore!" I turned on my heels and pushed past the guys, running up the stairs to my room. I shut the door behind me and collapsed on my bed. As I sat there regretting every word I said, I couldn't help but think back to the time that Luke and I kissed, on this bed. I cried harder and buried my face into my pillow. Everything was fine until my stupid mother ruined it. I had finally began to fit in here with Liz and Andrew and the guys, and her stupid lie ruined it. Not that I'm not excited to see my dad again, oh god it's absolutely amazing. But I have to choose, and if I stay, Luke will leave anyways. Me getting bullied at school will only get worse once and if our relationship got out to the press. I absolutely do not want that to happen. I can't let that happen, no matter the consequences, no matter how much it hurts.