11-15

Chapter 11

There wasn't much excitement in the countryside at that time, and no one had ever seen the apprenticeship ceremony, so the next morning, villagers going to the fields or going to work began to walk past the Xu family's door.

  Xu Duo didn't know how to choose a time, and she was lazy enough to set the apprenticeship ceremony at the same time as the opening ceremony - 8 o'clock in the morning.

  Before 7:30, the parents of the three children came with their neatly dressed children. In addition to the chickens, ducks and geese that Xu Duo asked for, they also brought some tea and snacks as apprenticeship gifts.

  Xu Duo insisted on asking for things at first, mainly to scare off people like Tiezhu's mother who just wanted to take advantage and had no sincerity.

Now that the three little cabbages looked pretty good and even knew how to protect themselves, she was relieved: "Since you are worshipping together, there is no need to prepare two more offerings. You three families can discuss which family will provide the chicken, which family will provide the duck, and which family will provide the goose."

After hearing this, the three families had a better impression of Xu Duo. Zhou San's wife did not hesitate and immediately chose the most valuable goose.

Her husband Zhou Weiguo is a sixth-level technician with a carpentry skill inherited from his ancestors. He can earn more than 60 yuan a month, which is more than some leaders of units. He is one of the best families in the village and is not short of that few dollars.

The mother of the remaining little girl Erya chose ducks, and Wu Laoer's wife chose chickens. They were caught a day in advance and fasted until this morning when they were killed and packed up and brought over.

In fact, after hearing that the three families each contributed one chicken, duck and goose, Tiezhu's mother had thought about it, and shamelessly ran to ask Xu Duo if her son Tiezhu could also become a disciple.

Xu Duo laughed at that time.

The other three families contributed something, and you followed suit, right?

Why are you so shameless?

She was too lazy to argue with the other party, and directly pushed it out, "Auntie, you should ask the other three families if they are willing or not."

Then Tiezhu's mother really had no self-awareness at all, and ran to ask Wu Laoer's wife, who she thought had the best relationship with her.

The result...

The result was, of course, nothing. Wu Laoer's wife had a quarrel with her, and the noise was so loud that several nearby families could hear it clearly.

When Wu Laoer's wife came this morning, she was still standing at the door, talking nonsense.

"You are giving gifts and flattering others. You are almost kneeling on the ground to lick the shoes of others. Let's see where you can cry when you don't learn anything in the future."

"That's better than some people who are so poor that they urinate blood and don't spend a penny but still want to become apprentices with our children." Wu Laoer's wife snorted coldly. If she wasn't afraid of delaying the business, she would probably have to stand at the door and quarrel with her again.

Before eight o'clock, the Xu family's yard had already been set up with tables and chairs, and whole chickens, ducks and geese were placed on the table as sacrifices.

Some villagers who were watching the excitement outside couldn't help but murmur to the people around them: "This is quite a scene. Last time, when Yang Baoguo worshipped Master Zhou as his master, he just sent some tea and snacks and invited Master Zhou to have a meal."