41-45

Chapter 41

The others didn't have as good eyesight as Xu Duo, so when they saw her move, they all stopped subconsciously, and some didn't dare to move forward.

In the end, it was Old Master Xu who had a stronger psychological endurance, "You wait here, I'll go over and take a look."

Xu Duo moved her lips, didn't stop, just turned her face away.

So everyone saw that after Old Master Xu walked a distance, his steps suddenly accelerated. When he got closer and closer to the place pointed by Old Lady Zhu, he became slow and stagnant, and every step was so difficult.

Old Lady Xu looked at it, tears welled up in her eyes, "Old man, is it, is it..."

At the end of the words, she was choked and couldn't continue at all.

Old Master Xu didn't say anything, but raised his head slightly and covered his eyes with his hands. After a long while, he spoke in a muffled voice: "A herd of wild boars passed by here not long ago, and the ground is full of pig hoof prints."

Old Lady Xu's body swayed and she almost sat on the ground. It was Xu Rong who was quick-witted and helped her up so that she didn't fall.

As soon as these words came out, Xu Duo felt the wetness on her palm.

Xu Ying, who was originally dazed, didn't know where he got so much strength. He grabbed her hand and shook it hard, stumbling towards the blood-stained grass.

She accidentally tripped over a stone in the middle, but she got up and continued to run as if she didn't feel any pain.

Xu Duo watched her fall twice, and finally she knelt and crawled to the side of the baby who had already lost her voice.

  "Er Ya--"

  The heart-wrenching roar shook the entire forest, and Xu Duo's tears fell immediately.

  This was the first time she faced such a cruel and bloody reality in nearly a year since she came here.

  A living little life, not just a name or a role in a book, was cruelly deprived of its right to survive in front of her by her so-called blood relatives and the feudal dregs left over from the times.

She fought back and grabbed Mrs. Zhu's neck, "Didn't you say you gave Erya away? Why didn't you really give her away?"

If you really gave her away, there would be at least a glimmer of hope, why, why...

Mrs. Zhu's eyes were pinched so hard that they turned out. She twisted her fingers and stretched out her tongue, but she couldn't make a sound for a long time.

When Zhu Dawei saw the little girl's gnashing teeth and cold face, he immediately shuddered and stepped back subconsciously.

But before he could step back, Brother-in-law Xu's furious fist had hit him in the face, "You beast! Your mother is not worthy of being a father!"

Zhu Dawei quickly stretched out his hand to block it, "I, I don't know! My mother told me that she gave the child away, I really didn't know she threw Erya away!" He shouted and dodged desperately.

Over there, Xu Ying, who was about to faint from crying, raised her hand and slapped herself loudly, "You deserve to die! You deserve to die! You killed your own child, you killed your own child! Why don't you just die! Ah--"

Old Master Xu saw that she was not in a good state, and hurried over to stop her. Old Lady Xu and Xu Rong also ran over in a hurry.

But such an honest and cowardly person at ordinary times, now seemed to be crazy, and the three people could not hold her back.