(Vol. 6) Chapter 53: The Fallen Apathy

-3rd P.O.V.-
-Brunswick Farm-
-Night Time-

(Ruby Rose stares at the moon through a window, sitting on the staircase. Snow is drizzling outside. Ruby checks on Blake Belladonna, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long, who are sitting on the rug and staring at the fire from the fireplace...

Maria Calavera reads a book while sitting on the sofa and Ozpin, taking over Oscar's body, is pacing back and forth. After checking on the others, Ruby stands up and walks toward Qrow Branwen. Qrow is sitting nearby the window, looking outside with his feet propped on the drawer.)

Qrow: Storm's cleared up for now. We should be able to leave by morning.

Ruby: That's good.

Qrow: No... I don't have a good feeling about this place, especially with me around...

(Ruby looks down at a wine bottle on the floor with Qrow's hand hovering near it, then looks at him.)

Ruby: Are you... okay?

Qrow: Yeah...i just don't like this place one bit. *sighs* Tell everyone to get some sleep. Y/N and i will wake you guys just before sunrise.

(Ruby walks away as Qrow drinks from the wine bottle. Ruby pauses and looks back at him before narrowing her eyes downward...

Neo and Y/N were upstairs inside the room where the two decomposed bodies are still laying on the bed.)

Y/N: ...Still finding odd they just died while being asleep for this long. Don't you think, Neo?

(The short ice cream themed partner nods her head in confirmation of what he said...

Y/N keeps wondering on how the farm turned into a ghost town with the bodies in every rooms of their own houses...

Back downstairs, in the other room, the fire continues to burn. The book Maria is reading has a "III" on the cover, with the other two volumes on a nearby table.)

Oscar: It's a diary?

Maria: The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently, he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a spell.

Oscar: Grimm?

Maria: Just one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming, made everything harder... It's a shame, really. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow, always thinking of new schemes to overcome the odds.

Ruby: *walking back into the room* Hey guys. Qrow said we should get some sleep. We're gonna head out early tomorrow.

Blake: Thank goodness.

(Everyone gets up to get ready to sleep. Maria hops off the couch.)

Maria: Hmph, the last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do. *in a mimicking voice* "Go to bed!" *scoffs*

Y/N: *off-screen* Bite our arse, you heard her.

(Everyone, including Qrow, turn their heads and see Y/N and Neo walking downstairs after the two left the room...

Neo jumps lightly above the couch and sits onto it with her legs crossed while Y/N stands next to Ruby.)

Y/N: We have to get all the sleep we need so we can manage to wake up before the sunrise.

(Y/N stares at Maria with a frustrated expression on his face.)

Y/N: You want to stay awake until late light and miss our ride? Be my guest.

Ruby: *stammers* U-Uh, N/N! No need to be hostile! Let's- Uhm...L-Let's just sleep and be ready to leave for tomorrow, sounds good?

(Y/N looks away to calm down, but only to notice Qrow drinking alcohol straight from the bottle...