22 ≡;- ꒰ °self defence ꒱

I gasp for air

I gasp for air. I ran away as fast as I could without even looking back. From behind, I can hear footsteps following me around not too far behind.

SH*T! I UNDERESTIMATED JEON HWA! THAT PSYCHOPATH!

OF COURSE SHE WOULD COME HERE TO KILL ME EVEN IF SHE'S ON THE RUN! SHE'S A SICK PSYCHOPATH!

HOW DID SHE MANAGE TO SNEAK INTO THIS HOSPITAL ANYWAY?! HER FACE IS PRETTY MUCH EVERYWHERE. SHE'S A CELEBRITY!

In the darkness, I run and run while searching for a hiding spot. This is the worst! The electricity suddenly got cut off and it is super dark right now. I can't tell if this is for the better or for the worse. It's nice that she can't see me easily, but the problem is, I can't see too! I almost bump into a wall just now!

I pant for air. Argh, I can't stand it anymore! I can feel my bandage getting wet from the blood! I can't run anymore!

I quickly get into a random room and close the door shut. As soon as I spot a large cabinet at the end of the room, I run with all my might and get inside. Oh, this might just be my luck!

I gasp for air to stabilize my breathing as soon as I'm inside. After a while of breathing, the cabinet is suddenly opened roughly from the outside.

"OH MY GOD!" I shout as a shadow gets into the cabinet with me and shuts the door. I was about to scream for help thinking it was Jeon Hwa, but then I heard a sob.

"Are you kidding me?! Why did you follow me here?!" I whisper angrily at Mika. Yes, you read that right. This shadow in front of me is the annoying Mika. Mika looks up at me as she sniffles.

"What... What the heck? Why did I even get caught up in this situation?"

"Question yourself! Why do you even show up here in the first place?" I literally don't understand her. The thing is, she's been hiding in the bathroom in my ward for hours! I was as puzzled as a dumb raccoon when she woke me up in the middle of 3 a.m., trembling as she said she saw Jeon Hwa from the window.

I thought I was dreaming, so I continued sleeping but this kid dragged me out of the room, saying I should leave since Jeon Hwa might know where I was. It was funny because I knew Mika herself didn't have a good intention. I mean, she is as delusional as Jeon Hwa and she's hiding for hours until nightfall in the bathroom. I'm sure she's here for an evil intention! Though not as evil as killing me. She's probably here to tape cockroaches to my body or something. You know, childish harmless prank that will never work on me.

But it turned out that she was right. As she was dragging me outside the room, Jeon Hwa appeared at the end of the hallway, looking at us with a bloody knife in her hand. Whose blood was that? I don't know. What I know is that she smirked devilishly, said "I found you," in the most creepy tone ever and all of the lights switched off as soon as she finished her sentence. It didn't take long before both of us running away like our lives depended on it. Because our lives literally are! Jeon Hwa's footsteps sounded like a predator chasing after its prey.