Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

I woke up to the feeling of falling, little did I know, Liam was simply moving from underneath me and laying me down. "Where are you going?" I mumbled, still half asleep. "Sh, go back to sleep, I'm just going to the washroom," he said. I yawned and felt my eyes stinging, "Okay," I mumbled as I fell back asleep. I woke up again as I felt something brushing my feet. I sat up quickly but was disappointed to see Josh sitting there and not Liam. I sat up further and looked around, when Liam had gotten up, it was still dark outside, but now the sun was beaming through the windows. "Liam?" I called and my brother flinched at the sudden raise in volume. "Liam!" I called again. He appeared in the door way from the kitchen, "Yes?" "Why didn't you come back?" I asked. "I, um, I ah-" "I waited for you to feel safe and warm again, but you didn't come back..." "I couldn't sleep anymore," he mumbled. I got up from the couch and completely ignored my brother, "You should have told me," I said to him, "I would have gotten up with you." "Are you mad?" He said with a slight chuckle, "Love, it was fine, you were exhausted." "I-I still would have kept you company," I said quietly. He smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I was fine," he said, gently trailing his hand down my arm until he reached my fingers. I licked my lips and nodded my head. Liam smiled and gave my hand a little squeeze. I didn't realize Josh had gotten up and left the room until I turned around and saw he wasn't there. Feeling less self conscious I turned back to Liam, "About last night..." I said. "Which part?" He asked cautiously. "When you found me crying," I mumbled. "Oh, that part," he said quietly. "I-I just wanted you to know how sorry I am..." I said, "And I want to be your girlfriend. I don't want you to be trying to prove anything to me, I know what I want now." "Really?" He asked. I nodded my head, "There was one thing I didn't mention last night," I said. Liam's eyes bounced back and forth between mine, waiting for me to continue. "I remembered something," I said. Liam's eyes became wide and I could see he was holding his breath. "I remembered something about a beach," I said, filling the silence, "I know that's vague, but I remember we were laying down on the beach, but I don't know if we were watching a sunset or a sunrise, and I remember crying, I don't know what I was crying for, but you held me, telling me everything was going to be okay, that you would find me, after everything was over, you would find me. Why haven't I heard about that before, Liam? Did I take a dream and think it was a memory?" Liam seemed uncomfortable, like he didn't know what to respond. "I left it out," he mumbled. "Why?" I asked. He bit his lip, "Because," he said. "That's not an answer Liam," I said. "I didn't want you to know about it. It was the worst time for me. I had to leave you just after becoming so close to you, you became my best friend, and I was in love with you, I didn't want to leave you." "But you came back didn't you?" I asked. Liam stayed quiet. "Is everything you told me really the truth?" I asked nervously. "Yes, Brooklyn. I promise you, everything I told you was real. I just left out the part that we were together for only two weeks before I had to leave. We spent a whole year apart, with barely any contact. I thought I had lost you. I had accomplished my dreams yet I had a broken heart through it all. I thought you didn't want to be with me." "But then...?" I said. "But then I found you, like I promised I would. I went back to the beach house, I had to beg my parents not to re-sell it because they only wanted it for that one year. They almost didn't keep it until I told them if they sold it I would buy it from them. They asked me why, and I said I needed it to get back to you." I could feel the water gathering in the corner of my eyes. "They realized that I was madly in love with you just like I had told them. I did everything I could to get back to you. I'm still doing everything in my power to get back to you." "I-I think you have," I said. "Brooklyn, don't just say that. You don't have to lie to me," he said. "Liam, I'm not lying," I said, "There are things I don't remember, and things I do. You have me back, Liam. I may not love you just as much as I used to, but give it time. I've developed feelings for you in the few days since I woke up to find you by my side. Imagine what would happen between us within a week or two, that could be all I need to remember more and remember what it was like to love you. I could love you just as much or maybe even more than I used to within time." Liam seemed hesitant, "I mean it, Liam," I said, gently reaching up and placing my hand on his cheek, "I'm learning to love you, and it's a easy course." He smiled, "I love you," he whispered. "Liam..." I said, in a tone of voice that sounded like I was warning him, not to say that because he would only end up hurt. "I don't want you to say anything, Brooklyn. Just let me kiss you," he said. I nodded my head as I reached up and met his lips halfway. My hand left his cheek and made it behind his neck as his hand made it to the back of my neck. With his other hand he pulled my body against his. I almost forgot to focus on breathing, I was too caught up in this sensation he was giving me. I had to pull away suddenly, letting the oxygen flow within my lungs again. We rested our foreheads against one another. "You have that doctors appointment today," Liam said, pushing my hair behind my ear after a moment of silence. "Okay," I said breathlessly. He smiled, "A little too much for you?" He asked. I shook my head against his, "It was great," I said, "So, when do we head down to St. Thomas?" "If the doctors appointment goes well, we can leave right after." "Seriously?" I asked, pulling away. Liam smiled and nodded his head. I smiled, "Yay!" I said and quickly threw my arms around his neck. He hugged me back. I was so giddy inside, "Let's go to the doctors!"