Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Liam told me about our relationship. He told me all about it. He knew everything. Every single detail seemed to be etched into his brain. He shocked me with all the things he knew. He could tell me the events of each day we spent together at the beach house that first summer in chronological order and never miss a beat. If I could remember I would have guessed he didn't leave anything out. It warmed my heart to see how passionate he was in telling me these stories. He talked to me about the first day we met and how extremely saddened he was when he didn't learn my name. He told me he thought he would never see me again, but then his wishes were answered when we ran into each other on the beach. He told me that from the moment we met up again, we just slowly started falling in love. I got uncomfortable when he mentioned the word though. I guess he caught on because he stopped leading things back to love. If what Liam is telling me is true, then when I was with him was my first time being in love. I stopped him mid sentence as my thoughts decided to be heard. "Liam did I ever tell you, that you were my first love?" He looked at me surprised. "No, but you don't remember. What makes you think I was your first love?" "I don't remember my time with you, but I do remember the rest of my life and I can assure you, love is like unchartered waters for me." "So that whole summer...?" Liam said. "My best guess is that I was learning how to fall in love." "Oh," Liam said, "I had no idea! I was kind of hoping, but knowing you and all that I thought someone else would have captured your heart long before I did." "I'm just some nerdy kid back home. Two of my best friends are the most popular girls in school and my other friend is the quarterback," I said. "You never told me about this quarterback," Liam said, sipping some water. "I didn't?" I asked, placing my fork down. He shook his head, "Oh, well he's my best friend. He's a really sweet guy and I've known him since I could remember. His name is Jason and he's just like a brother to me." Liam seemed to be having mixed emotions about what I was telling him. I couldn't tell if he was jealous or relieved. "But other than him, no guys really talk to me." Liam slowly nodded his head. "Did you ever date him?" He asked casually. "What? Oh god no! I would never date him!" I exclaimed. And then Liam finally showed his relief. "Okay," he said with a nervous smile. Things became silent and I awkwardly kept eating. "How about," Liam said suddenly, "We go to the university and get some stuff for the week and for St. Thomas?" I shrugged my shoulders, "It's up to you," I said casually, "I know that look!" He said, "You secretly want to go! Don't you," he said with a grin. "No I do not!" I exclaimed, trying to hold in a laugh. "Don't lie to me!" Liam said. "Watch it, British boy! I'm stubborn!" He smiled and kept his eyes indefinitely locked on me. "It's been so long since someone called me that," he said still beaming. "What? British boy? Really?" Liam slowly nodded his head. "Were in London, so it's kind of confusing, but you used to tease me with the nick name 'British Boy' all the time back the beach houses." "Well," I said with a slight smile, I don't know why this was making me smile, "I guess I didn't forget that much." He nodded his head, "That's a good sign." There was a moment where we just like at each other. No words, no movement, just kind eyes hiding a smile. "How about we get going," Liam suggested. I shrugged my shoulders. "We wouldn't want to miss your brothers landing now do we," Liam said with a teasing smile as he stood up. He grabbed the bill and I stood up as well. "Oh, you don't have to pay for me!" I said, taking his arm. He looked back at me, "It's my pleasure." "Liam," I said, pulling him back as he tried to walk away again. "Brooklyn, I want to pay. And even if I didn't want to, you don't have any money now do you." I pursed my lips, "No," I admitted. He smiled, "Don't worry, I'll set up a meeting with the bank and we'll get you access to your accounts again." I nodded my head, pressing my lips together. There were moments were I forgot that I lost my memory, everything just felt so normal. I felt like I was just living a normal 17 year olds life. Until I realize, I'm 19, I'm in London and I lost two years of my life. I always move away from all that negative, I find myself floating above the clouds, but when reality hits me, I find myself falling through those clouds and crashing back down to reality. Let me tell you, the landing hurts.