Rant XVII

Finally, I'm able to come up with something for this book.

So this is I guess a little story that happened last night..

So, my used to be aunt (really personal story to why she's not really my aunt anymore) came over to invite my family and I to a her daughter's (used to be cousin) quinceñera. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a party in the Mexican tradition where when a girl turns fifteen, there's a big celebration that she becomes a woman.

Anyways, my cousin used to be a really nice person. We played a lot when she we were little. Her and her little brother came over and my sister, cousins, and hung out all day long. But something in the family happened and they moved all the way across the state.

Recently, they came back to Denver. I was so happy when I found out. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I expected. My cousin is really bratty, childish, and rude and her brother is pretty much the same. She ignores her mom, ignores me and my sister, and basically only cares about herself.. Dang.

So my aunt was at the door and she was having a nice conversation with my mom about the party and just life in general. So, my cousin came and said, "Mom I want to go home." And then my aunt said, "Say hi to your cousins, and don't just leave your baby sister in the car!" She rolled her eyes and walked back to the car to wait for her mom.

About ten minutes later, my cousin came back and said, "Mom! Let's go home now!" She crossed her arms. "Say hi to your cousins!" She said once again. "I want to go home." My cousin said, again.

That was really fucking rude, she really disrespected her mom. And her mom did absolutely nothing about it, she just quietly told her daughter to wait a bit.

Honestly, I think her mom should discipline her daughter more so she won't be such a brat. But since I can't really do shit about her bratty actions, the most I can really do is act like a good child in front of my cousin, I guess.

Thanks for reading.

~IA