Chapter 10

Shahneel was buzzing with excitement as she got ready for her day out with Shubman. She picked out a casual white hoodie and black pants, pairing them with her favorite white shoes. Letting her hair down, she felt a sense of freedom and joy.

She found Shubman already waiting for her, his face lighting up when he saw her. "Shall we go?" he asked with a smile. Shahneel nodded eagerly, and together, they set off to Grand Square Mall. Shahneel enjoyed trying on various dresses, picking out a few favorites, while Shubman patiently waited. Afterward, they headed to a cozy cafe and ordered two steaming cups of coffee.

Sitting across from each other, Shahneel brought up their rare sibling outings. "It's been ages since we've done this, right?" she said. Shubman agreed, "Yeah, it really has been too long."

Their conversation turned more personal as Shahneel mentioned, "Shub, Ishu said you're thinking of giving your relationship another shot. That's great news!" Shubman's smile grew wider, "I figured we both deserve a second chance."

As they reminisced, a voice interrupted their moment. "Hi Shahneel di," said Sara Tendulkar, approaching them. Shahneel greeted her warmly, "Hi Sara, how have you been?" Sara replied, "I'm doing well, di. And you, Shub?" Shubman seemed distracted by his phone, prompting Shahneel to nudge him gently. "She's talking to you, Shub."

Shubman took a deep breath, visibly composing himself before responding, "I'm fine, Ms. Tendulkar." Sara's confusion was evident. "Shub, is something wrong?" she asked. Shubman's tone was firm, "Ms. Tendulkar, please, call me Shubman. And as you know, since I married Aditi, things between us have ended."

Sara started to say something but was cut off by Shahneel, "Sara, we rarely get these moments together. Please, let's not spoil the mood." Sara nodded understandingly and left them to their day.

Shahneel suggested they head home, but Shubman wasn't ready to end their day just yet. "Why let her affect our plans? Let's enjoy our day," he said. They continued their stroll through Chennai, sharing stories and laughter, truly cherishing their time together.

As evening approached, Shahneel had exciting news. "Shub, I've been promoted!" she exclaimed. Shubman's pride was evident, "That's amazing, di! Congratulations!"

Their day ended with a lovely dinner at a restaurant. They reminisced about old times, including a childhood memory that made them both laugh. "Remember when I cried because you wouldn't give me that gift?" Shahneel said. Shubman teased her, "I expected my big sister to be stronger than that."

They returned to their hotel, full of happiness from their day together. Shahneel hugged Shubman tightly, "Thank you for today, it meant so much to me." Shubman's smile was genuine as he headed to his room.

Inside, he found Aditi engrossed in a book. "What are you reading?" he asked. "Sita - The Warrior of Mithila," she replied. Shubman changed into comfortable clothes, feeling relaxed and content.

Checking his phone, he noticed a notification. Shahneel had tagged him in an Instagram post. Opening it, he couldn't help but smile at the memories they had created together. It was a day well spent, a reminder of the bond they shared as siblings.

 It was a day well spent, a reminder of the bond they shared as siblings