Epilouge

The stadium was alive with the roar of the crowd, the air electric with anticipation. The final match of the IPL season between Gujarat Titans and Royal Challengers Bangalore was at its peak. In the VIP stands, little Aryan, all of five years old, was a bundle of excitement, his cheers mingling with those of his mother, Aditi. The commentator's voice boomed through the speakers, "5 more runs in 1 ball."

On the pitch, Siraj geared up to bowl to Shubman, who stood poised, ready to face the challenge. With a swift swing, Shubman sent the ball soaring into the sky, and it landed beyond the boundary—a six! The stadium erupted in jubilation as the commentator announced, "Gujarat Titans have won this IPL season. Congratulations."

Shubman's face broke into a triumphant smile as his teammates swarmed him with hugs and pats on the back. After the celebration, he made his way to the post-match interview. The interviewer, microphone in hand, asked, "How do you feel, Mr. Gill?"

"I'm over the moon," Shubman replied, his eyes sparkling with joy. "And it's even more special because my son and wife were here, cheering for me."

The interviewer chuckled, "Your son seemed quite the enthusiast with that final six." Shubman's smile widened at the mention of Aryan.

The conversation turned to the future. "Will you continue as captain next year for the GT team?" the interviewer inquired.

Shubman pondered for a moment. "I'll definitely play for GT, but captaincy might go to someone else. There are many talented players in the team," he humbly stated.

The accolades didn't end there. Shubman was awarded both Player of the Match and Player of the Tournament. Trophy in hand, he walked over to where Aryan and Aditi were waiting. As he embraced Aditi, Aryan piped up with a possessive pout, "Papa, no hugging my mumma."

Aditi laughed, and Shubman teased, "Mr. Gill, your mumma is my wife." Aryan's response was a defiant, "No, she is not yol wife."

Aditi leaned down to Aryan's level. "Aru, papa is my husband, and you are my adorable little son," she explained with a smile.

Aryan beamed up at them, and Shubman lifted him into his arms. "You hit a very shmall shix," Aryan observed.

Shubman feigned surprise. "Oh, is that so? Then how big should the six be?"

"Hundled metel shix," Aryan declared, and Shubman's laughter filled the air as he planted a kiss on Aryan's cheek.

Aditi glanced at the two of them and asked, "Shall we head home?"

Nodding, they made their way out of the stadium and into their car. The day's excitement had taken its toll on Shubman, and he soon dozed off, his head resting on Aditi's shoulder. Aryan, too, succumbed to sleep's embrace.

Aditi watched the city lights pass by, a content smile on her face. When they arrived home, she gently roused Shubman, who carried a sleeping Aryan to his bed with tender care.

After a quick shower, Shubman changed into his pyjamas and joined Aryan in the realm of dreams.

Aditi checked on Aryan, adjusting his blanket and kissing his forehead before leaving his door ajar. She found Shubman asleep in their room, his body mirroring Aryan's peaceful posture.

Slipping into her pyjamas, she lay down beside Shubman, who instinctively wrapped an arm around her. With a smile, she closed her eyes, and they drifted off together.

The morning sun heralded a new day. Aditi woke Aryan for school, coaxing him out of bed with gentle persistence. At breakfast, Aryan's curiosity about his father surfaced. "Whel ish papa?"

"Papa is still sleeping. He had a big match yesterday, so he's very tired," Aditi explained.

Aryan nodded in understanding, but the moment Aditi turned to pack his lunch, he scampered off to wake Shubman.

Shubman groaned, "Aru, please let me sleep. I'm exhausted."

But Aryan was insistent. "Pleash wake up, papa."

With a sigh, Shubman got up and freshened up, joining Aryan downstairs. Aditi gave Aryan a playful glare, which he returned with a sheepish grin.

"Want some coffee?" Aditi offered Shubman.

He nodded, and she quickly prepared a cup for him. "Aru, Ritsy mami will pick you up from school," she informed Aryan, who nodded in acknowledgment.

Ritika arrived, ready to take Aryan to school. "Come on, Aru," she said, and with goodbyes exchanged, they left.

Aditi sat next to Shubman, who turned to her with a soft expression. "Adi, can I tell you something?"

She nodded, and he took her hand. "Ever since I married you, you've been the anchor of my life. You truly are The Keeper of My Heart."

Tears glistened in Aditi's eyes as she leaned in for a kiss, then rested her head on his chest. Together, they sat in comfortable silence, basking in the warmth of their shared memories and the love that bound them.