5. Rise of emotions

The entire night passed away with my mind continuously replaying the exceptional encounter that took place in freshmen program

The entire night passed away with my mind continuously replaying the exceptional encounter that took place in freshmen program. There was a certain magic in the way she carried herself,a grace that captivated me and left me yearning for more.

Her smile,her glance and every shared moment with her seems like a treasure for me to hold onto, and a flicker of hope to get more of such moments in the vast expanse of uncertainty. God what has she done to me!!!!

Since the return to home in the previous night I catch myself smiling every now and then just at the mere thought of her,a feeling of warmth spreads across my chest that I can't quite explain whenever my family and friends gave me weird looks for my weird antics. Perhaps this is what happens when your heart starts to blossom affection for someone.

I wrapped up my workout and breakfast with my mind still preoccupied with her thoughts and headed for my first class which is so unlike of me. Not bcoz I wake up late or procrastinate in following my daily routine but I find J.P Ma'am's psychology class too boring to attend.

On my way I bought few chocolates in decorative wrapping. And made my way through the campus to gift these to her with the hope of getting the same glimpse of that flushed and shy face. The thought itself made a smile tug on my face. But the scene that unfolded before me made it instantaneously fade away.

My fists clenched involuntarily and a heavy breath released through my mouth reflecting the feelings of aggression and resentment in me when I saw Manvi, Rohit and their group ragging the newcomers that included my Sprinkles as well. Seeing Rohit approaching her,I immediately made my way towards them as it left me with no position to have any thoughts further.

I clasped his hand in a tight grip and cautioned all of them firmly so that none could dare to look at her with any hostile or ill intentions let alone lay a finger. As I turned I could see a hint of apprehension and unease in her eyes and a silent curse for those bastards left my mouth.

She placed her hands on mine and muttered in a small voice,"It's okay, let's go from here".But little does she know that her mere touch can make me more than okay as it a sent a jolt of electric current through my body. That's what you're capable of doing to me Sprinkles, though I realised it in our first meet itself.

I continued to look at our connected hands while she getting no response from me looked at me and followed my gaze. As she was about to remove her hands I instantly intertwined our fingers and took her with me in another corner while her two friends followed us.

She left my hands immediately as soon as we stopped and then four of us stood in an awkward silence. Finally after a minute or so,one of her friends cleared her throat and she said,"Ahh th..thank you so much for th.. the stand you took there for us. We're really grateful."

Her voice brought a smile to my face and everything that frustrated me few minutes ago just vanished into a thin line. I replied,"You're most welcome Miss?" "Aadrika"her friends replied in unison. Aadrika! Absolutely stunning name just like her. Suites her perfectly.