Chapter 9

Maya had officially known she was pregnant for seven weeks. They continued to see each other regularly and talk practically every day, but Carina had stopped imagining that anything could happen with the blonde. She'd realized after Gabriella's arrival that the captain wanted to concentrate on her baby. 

The doctor sometimes couldn't help it, her feelings for Maya were growing stronger and stronger, and she was already beginning to be very protective of her baby in spite of herself. 

Towards the blonde's baby. 

It was already the festive season and Carina had celebrated Christmas with Andrea and Sam, inviting Maya to join them. 

They had a meal at the home of the Italian and his partner. Sam and her sister-in-law had cooked the meal, and a few other doctors had been invited. Taryn Helm, Lexie Grey, Levi Schmidt, April Kepner and George O'Malley. 

After cooking with Sam, Carina went off to get ready before collecting Maya from her home. She'd made a point of picking her up and bringing her herself. She'd put on a short, long-sleeved black dress and made a point of ringing Maya's intercom and getting in before they got back in the car. 

So the Italian had gone up to her floor and lowered her eyes to the body of the blonde, who was also wearing a dress when she entered the apartment.

-"Blue is really your color".

Carina had approached and come to take the captain in her arms. 

"Ciao bella" 

- "good evening Carina, Merry Christmas" 

- "Merry Christmas" 

- "and you .... What did you wear?"

She had opened her coat and shown the blonde her dress. 

- "you look beautiful"

- "thank you... Are you ready?"

- "yes" 

The captain had taken her coat and they had set off in the direction of Andrea and Sam's house. 

They'd started to enjoy an aperitif together when someone rang the doorbell. 

-"I hope you don't mind, I invited Erica," said April.

- "No, of course not," replied Sam, going to open the door. 

Erica Hahn had entered the house and started saying hello to everyone. 

Maya had been talking to Taryn and had then seen this «new» doctor approach the Italian. The woman's body language didn't fool her; Carina was not indifferent to her.

Maya also didn't like the fact that the brunette could laugh with this woman who had just arrived. She'd let the woman put her hand on her arm and she'd talk to it with a smile, she wasn't just replying, she was actually exchanging with her. 

-"Are you two together?" Taryn asked Maya.

- "Who?"

- "you and Carina"

- "uh... No, we're... We're friends" 

- "You don't look at her as a friend..."

- "yes, she is, my friend."

- "Dr. Hahn doesn't really seem to want to be her friend." 

- "Carina's a big girl, she's allowed to date whoever she wants." 

-"perfect, because I think Carina's giving her her number".
Maya had turned immediately and Taryn had smiled. Obviously, she wasn't.
"So you should tell her you don't want to be just her friend"