Chapter 1: The Gang Pt. 1

Darry's POV

"Madison Grace Curtis, if you're not out of the bed in ten minutes you can forget about that party tomorrow night!" I shouted from the kitchen. I heard a thud from Madi's room, meaning she got out of bed and started getting ready. I set a plate of food down in front of Sodapop and he began eating, just as Madi walked into the room. Sodapop started choking and Ponyboy patted him on the back. 

"You are not wearing that to school Madison." Sodapop stated, I shook my head and prepared myself for the twins' morning routine of arguing. "Sodapop, I am sixteen years old and I do not need your permission on what I can and cannot wear." Madi said, sitting down at the table. 

"Can we please go one morning without you two arguing?" I said, setting a plate in front of Madi. "Sorry, Darry. Hey, can I have a couple of dollars Dar?" she asked and I shook my head with a grin. "What for?" I asked and she gave me a sweet innocent smile. "Just for lunch and the Dingo." she said sweetly. "Uh huh, and that's all you need it for? You haven't started smoking like our little brother have you?" I asked and she scrunched her nose. "Ew, no. But no seriously it's for my hair appointment today." she said, I grinned and took a 5 dollar bill. "There's enough for your hair done and go to the diner." I said and she smiled. 

"Thanks Darry. I have to get to school. I told Elena and Audrey I would swing by cheer practice and watch their new routine. Ponyboy don't you have track practice this morning?" Ponyboy looked at his watch and jumped up, running to the front door with his bag. "Bye!" he called out, shutting the door behind him. I shook my head and continued reading the paper. Madison stood up and walked to the door, grabbing her bag. "Bye guys." she started to walk out the door before Soda stopped her. "Madi seriously go change." he said and Madison rolled her eyes. "Bye Soda." she walked out the door and Soda shook his head and walked back to the table, sitting down.

"Y'know the more overprotective of her that you are, the more she's gonna do things to piss you off, right?" I asked and he sighed. "I just don't want her to get hurt Dar. Guys these days are idiots." he said and a chuckled. "Oh trust me, if someone lays a finger on her and Dallas finds out, they're more than likely dead." I said, looking down at my watch. 

I stood up and grabbed my keys from the counter. "C'mon we gotta head out or we'll both be late for work." I said, Soda stood up and we walked out to my truck, getting in and driving away from the house.

Dallas' POV

"Charlotte, c'mon get up and get ready for school." I said shaking her arm. She rolled over and looked up at me. "I don't feel so good Dal. Can I stay home?" she asked and I sat down next to her on her bed. I put the back of my hand to her forehead and frowned. "You don't feel hot. What hurts?" I asked and she sat up. "It really hurts right here." she said, resting her hands on her lower stomach. I felt my face get pale and my eyes widen. "Uhhh, hang on I have to make a phone call real quick. You stay right there okay?" I said and she nodded. 

I walked to the living room and picked up the phone, dialing Beth Anne's number. It rang three times before she answered. 

Beth Anne: Hello

Dallas: Beth Anne I need you to come over as soon as you can and bring girl products.

Beth Anne: Dallas, slow down. What's going on?

Dallas: Lottie said her stomach is hurting and I think she's getting her first period. I don't know how to explain that stuff to her. She needs a woman to do it and you're like the mom of the gang. Look man, can you please just come over fast?

Beth Anne: *Laughs* Okay, Okay. Give me ten minutes and I'll be there.

*End Phone Call*

I hung the phone up and went back to Lottie. I sat down next to her and she looked at me confused. "Dally are you okay?" she asked and I nodded. "Yeah, listen kid, Beth Anne is going to come over and have a little talk with you okay? Nothing serious but it's important." I said and she nodded, leaning her head on my shoulder. 

~~~

After ten minutes, there was knock on the door. I got up and let Beth Anne in. She had a bag in her hand and grinned at me. "What're you gonna do when she gets married one day and has kids?" she asked, enjoying every minute of this. "She's not getting married." I said in a serious tone. Beth Anne laughed and walked away to Lottie's room. I sighed in relief and sat down on the couch.

Not too long after I sat down, Johnny and Raelynn walked through the front door. "Hey Dal, is Lottie ready yet?" Johnny asked. "Uh, she and Beth Anne are having a 'talk'." I said, Johnny's eyes widened and he looked over to Rae. "Rae, go in there with them." he said and Rae looked confused but listened. 

"She hasn't yet either?" I asked and Johnny sighed, sitting down. "Just did this morning. Glad we came when we did." he said. 

Randy's POV

I walked downstairs and saw Scarlett dressed in a black knee length skirt, pink sweater and black heels. "I see you're in a good mood this morning." I said, grabbing my keys from beside the door. "Yeah, I decided to look nice." she smiled. "Well, c'mon and I'll stop by the diner and we can have breakfast before I drop you off at school." I said, she nodded, grabbing her bag and we walked out to my car.

On the way to the diner, I stopped by Bob's house and picked him up. "Hey Scarlett, I see you dressed like a soc today." he grinned and Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Lay off Bob." I said, driving to the diner. 

We got in and got our food pretty quick. We ate and I paid the bill and headed to Scarlett's school. She was still in middle school. I parked in front of the building and turned to look at my sister. "Now I'm serious Scarlett, stay out of trouble today." I said, she nodded and got out of the car. I watched as she walked over to Raelynn and Lottie. Bob groaned as I began driving.

"I can't believe you let her hangout with greasers. It's no wonder she dresses like one most of the time." he said and I rolled my eyes. "Bob, lay off. She's experimenting. I don't like it when she dresses like a greaser but if I tell her not to she's just going to do it even more. And as for her hanging out with them, those two aren't so bad." I said, Bob didn't say anything else the rest of the ride to school.

A/N: Okay, part one is finished. Hope you like it so far. The first couple of chapters are gonna be kinda boring probably since they're mostly introducing the characters and all that.

~Tori