Chapter 7: Remember Who You Are Pt.1

Adeline's POV

"So.. Elena doesn't remember who any of us are?" I said softly. Steve just explained to us that Elena has short term memory loss. "The doctor said that she should regain her memory soon. Maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks." Steve said, I looked at Jacob and he wrapped an arm around me. "Don't worry Addy, with our help, she should be better before y'know it." he said, a small smile appearing on his face for reassurance. 

"Yeah, the doctor said that maybe showing her some pictures of us and everything should help. But that we don't want to overwhelm her." Elli added. Jacob looked down at his watch and looked at me. "We gotta go Addy, I told mama we would be home in time for dinner." he said, standing up and holding his hand out for me. 

"I'll give y'all a ride home." Soda said, grabbing his keys. "We'll tell Alec and Lela about Elena." Jacob said, the others nodded and we said our goodbyes. 

Eleanor's POV

"I gotta go see Audrey, I told her mom I would check up on her while she's at work." I said, standing up and heading to the door. "Wait, Two-bit, go with her." Steve said and I rolled my eyes. "Steve, I'm not sneaking off to go to another party. I don't need supervision." I said, very annoyed. 

"I don't care, you're grounded and Two-bit hasn't gone by to see her yet." he said, I rolled my eyes and walked out of the house. I started walking down the street and Two-bit caught up to me. "El, you okay?" he asked, I stopped and sighed. "No, Two-bit, I'm not. Steve keeps treating me like a damn kid. I'm seventeen years old, not fucking six years old." I said, I felt myself start shaking. Two-bit put a hand on each of my shoulders. 

"Eleanor calm down. Listen, Steve is your big brother, he's been taking care of you sense ya'll old man walked out on y'all. He feels responsible for whatever happens to you and just doesn't want you to get hurt. I'd be the same way if I was taking care of a little sister." he said, I felt myself relax.

We continued the walk to Audrey's house in silence. When we got there, we let ourselves in. Audrey was just coming out of her room, holding onto the wall for support. She looked up when she saw us. "Audrey, do you need help?" Two-bit asked. "No, I have to learn to do it on my own. The doctor said that I need to try walking and getting my energy back." she said, slowly making her way to the couch, using whatever she could for support.

"So, what's going on with Elena, when can I see her?" Audrey asked, hope in her eyes. I looked down at my fingers, looking for the right words. "Audrey.." I started softly. "Audrey, Elena lost her memory. She doesn't remember anyone or herself." I said slowly, letting her take everything in. 

"So, she doesn't remember anything? She doesn't remember us, cheer, or anything?" she asked slowly. I shook my head. "I'm sorry Audrey. But the doctor said that if we show her some pictures and stuff, it'll help her recover a lot faster. We just have to be careful not to overwhelm her." Two-bit added, moving a strand of hair from Audrey's face. 

"Ugh, I need to get out of this house. I'm gonna crazy. When can I go back to school and cheer?" Audrey groaned, frustrated with everything going on. The front door opened and Audrey's mom came in. She smiled at Two-bit and me, walking into the living room. She sat down and looked at Audrey. 

"Guys, I need to talk to Audrey about something. Can y'all come back by tomorrow?" sheriff Jacobs asked sweetly. "We'll see you tomorrow Auds, okay?" I said, giving her a gently side hug. Two-bit kissed the top of her head and we walked out of the house.

~~~~

Two-bit and I ended up at the DX to see Steve and Soda. I ditched Steve and Two-bit in the garage and walked into the attached store. I tried to sneak up on Soda, who was facing away from, looking at a magazine. When I got close enough that I though I could scare him, he ended up turning around and scared me. 

Soda caught me before I fell. "Sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you." he said, grinning and pulling me close to him. I placed my hands on his chest and smiled up at him. "It's my fault for trying to sneak up on you." I grin. Soda pulled me in for a kiss. He pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. 

Soda picked me up by me up by my thighs, placing me on the counter. Soda moved his lips to my neck leaving a trail of kisses. Before anything else could happen, someone cleared their throat.

"Soda, I don't mind a quicky in the break-room or bathroom, but don't have sex with your girlfriend on the register counter." Soda's boss said, I hid my face in Soda's chest, laughing to myself. "Sorry, Mr. Wilkinson." I could hear the grin on Soda's face as he spoke. He lifted me off of the counter and set me back on my feet. "I'll come over tonight after work, Steve is staying at the hospital with Elena." he whispered, his breath leaving goosebumps down my arm.

I gave Soda another quick kiss before turning to walk out of the store. Soda smacked my ass and grinned to myself as I walked back out to my brother. "Hey Steve, I'm gonna head home. I have to do some homework before school starts back Monday." I say, he looks at me weird and leans against the car he's working on. "Homework? You? Elli are you feeling okay?" he asked, I rolled my eyes and nodded. 

"Yes, Steve, I'm feeling fine." I said, starting to walk off. I stop and turn back around. "Oh! Can Soda stay the night sense you're stay with Elena at the hospital?" I asked, giving my best puppy dog eyes. "Sure why not? Besides, I'd feel better if you had someone at the house with you when I'm not there." he said, I ran over and gave him a hug. "Thanks Steve. Are you stopping by the house before you see Elena?" I asked and he nodded as he pulled out of the hug. 

"Yeah I wanna get a change of clothes and shower. Why?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I have a photo album for her to look through. It's from our summer trip last year." I said, he nodded and went back to working on the car. "Okay, I'll grab it before I head to see her." he said, I nodded and walked out of the garage, going to tell Soda bye before heading home to get some homework done and get ready for Soda to come over.

A/N: Hey, I decided to make this a two part chapter. so anyways, hope it's starting to get interesting. I'm consulting a friend for ideas. I also wanna do a quick shout out to my co-writer (aka the friend that helps with the ideas)

@Swiftrabbit26 thanks for all your help so far boo <3