Chapter 10: I Want My Memory Back

A Few Days Later

Elena's POV

Nightmare

It was dark and I was running. I knew I was being chased but I didn't know who by. My breathing was heavy and my legs were getting tired. "I have to keep running." I told myself. I kept running as fast as I could. I tripped over a rock and fell, feeling pain shoot through my knees. I tried to get up but I couldn't. 

I heard footsteps approaching me fast. I tried to get up again, only to be pushed back down. I was forced over onto back, my head hitting the pavement. I winced in pain and looked up to see a man in his mid thirties. I've seen him before but couldn't place him. I start crying, I felt my body shaking with fear. 

The man held a knife to my throat, a grimacing smile on his face. "I got sent to prison because of you, little bitch." he breathed out in a dark, hateful tone. I started crying harder and closed my eyes.

"Elena." I heard another voice say. I kept my eyes closed and kept crying. "Elena! Elena wake up!" the voice said again.

*End Nightmare*

I jolted up fast, breathing heavily. I felt tears running down my face. "Elena, it's okay. You're gonna be okay." I heard Steve say as he pulled me into his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair, holding me close as I slowly calmed down. He held me in his arms, even after I had calmed down. 

"Do you wanna talk about it baby?" he asked softly. "There was a man... he was chasing me and I fell. He held a knife to my throat and told me it was my fault he was sent to prison.. I- I think it was my dad." I said softly. Steve lifted my chin to look at him. "He won't ever hurt you again baby girl. I, nor any of the other guys, are ever going to let him near you again. Besides, Darry's pretty big, so for anyone to mess with his family whether they're blood or not it would be stupid." he said, chuckling at his little joke. I smiled and nodded.

"Are you hungry? We can get ready and go to the diner if you want." Steve suggested, I looked up and nodded with a smile. "That would be great." I said softly. Steve and I got up and started getting ready. I got dressed in a teal tank top and a jeans skirt along with my black converse.

I turned to Steve, he was dressed and leaning against the wall, looking at me with a smile

I turned to Steve, he was dressed and leaning against the wall, looking at me with a smile. "What?" I asked, a blush creeping onto my cheeks. "Nothin, you just look really beautiful. C'mon, let's go get breakfast." he smiled, holding his hand out for me. I took and we walked out of his room. He stopped at his sister's door, knocking on it lightly. There was shuffling behind the door before it opened. Elli opened, dressed for the day and brushing her hair.

"Hey, do you wanna go to the diner with us before school? I can drop you off when we leave." Steve asked, Elli smiled and nodded. "Yeah, let me ask Soda if he wants to tag along." she said, Steve nodded and we walked to the living room.