Ch. 17: Three Months Later

Elena's POV

It's been three months and there's still no sigh of Eleanor. She hasn't called or written and Steve has been really stressed out. Soda has been staying with Sandy at her house ever sense his fight with Steve. This whole mess has the gang not on speaking terms and it's stupid.

"Elena!" I looked up at Audrey and she sighed. "Elena, things are gonna get better. You'll see." She said, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, I know. C'mon, we need to go dress shopping for prom." I said, standing up and leaving money on the table. 

We walked a little ways down the square and went into the dress shop. After shopping around, I found a black and gold ball gown. Audrey found a blue gown with sequins on the bodice. We found shoes to go with them and paid for everything. 

We walked to Audrey's car and put everything inside when we heard a voice behind us. "Hey girls, fancy meetin you here!" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around. "Sandy! Soda! How nice to see you both out in about." I said, bitterness lacing through each word. Audrey grabbed my hand giving it a light squeeze.

"Oh y'all are shopping for prom, how sweet." Sandy said, I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh, and you're parading around with your ex slut, how sweet." I said, directing my attention to Soda. "Elena, don't start." he said, wrapping an arm around Sandy's waist. 

"Y'know, Eleanor could be somewhere dead right now and no one knows who she is, so how the hell would they contact Steve if she was. But do you care about that? No, no how could you? As long as Sandy is here, everything is awesome. Audrey and I have to go now, hope to see you never again." I said, getting in the passenger seat of Audrey's car. 

Audrey got in and started driving towards Beth Anne's house. That's where we hangout now. Audrey pulled up to Beth Anne's and parked the car. "You okay?" she asked after a moment of silence. "No, I'm not. This is Eleanor's prom too and we're just gonna forget about her? Audrey... we can't give up on her." I said, getting out of the car, grabbing my dress and shoes.

Eleanor's POV

It's been three months since I left home. I miss my brother.. I miss the gang. But I can't go back. I can't face Soda. Not while he's playing house with Sandy. I was brought out of my thoughts when a strong hand was placed around my waist. 

"Hey baby girl." I smiled, hearing Trent's sweet voice. I turned in his arms and smiled up at him. "Hi baby, how was work?" I asked, pecking his lips. "It was work. Nothing special happened today." he smiled down at me. "How're you and the baby feeling?" he asked, placing his hand on my slight baby bump. "We're okay. We can't decide what we want for dinner tonight." I said smiling. 

Let me catch you up. About a week or two after I moved here from Tulsa, I was working at the diner when I met Trent. He was there on his lunch break. We hit it off and he asked me on a date for that weekend. Even after I told him I was pregnant by my ex-boyfriend, he still wanted to take me on a date. We've gone out every weekend since then. I moved in with him, but I still work at the diner and see Danielle and her mom every week.

"Why don't we go out for dinner. You must be tired from work." Trent suggested, I smiled and nodded. "Let's get changed out of our work uniforms." I smiled, he nodded, taking my hand in his. We got changed and decided that we would go to a little Italian restaurant in town. It was really beautiful and the food practically melted in your mouth. 

I kept trailing off in thought. I couldn't help but think about the girls and what they were doing. I was wondering what everyone was doing. "You okay Eleanor?" Trent placed his hand on mine, causing me to look up. "I'm just thinking about my friends and family. I miss them." I say softly. "Why don't you call or write them?" he asked, I looked down and shrugged my shoulders.