11. Consigliere of decievers

Aera's pov

"I need answers jake ....." i look at him who's now staring at me with guilt filled in his eyes. But this time i wont fall for it.

I desperately need answers...

"There are no answers aera.." his voice hoarse , maybe from the pain of his shoulder. "Stop lying already jake how long had you've been planning to hide it all from me, why did yeonjun wanted to kill me ?! What's the truth he's talking about!? Why would anyone get hurt or die if someone knows the truth?!" I yell as frustration occupies my mind .

He stares at me blankly and then avoids eye contact staring at the ceiling. "Aera , there is nothing to hide , yeonjun is fooling all of us , you know after he suffered he became crazy , a drug dealer , him suddenly coming out of no where is out of my reach but i do know that he planned to get me killed at the construction site".

"Liar" i tell him with narrow eyes but he still doesnt look at me. " fine assume it as if it's a lie but dont you think you've been hiding something as well from me....... From all of us"

He finally looks at me staring deep into my eyes as i look at him in confusion " what would i be hiding jake , i dont hide anything from you....." having no idea of what he's talking about i keep looking at him who then speaks " the doctor said you went unconscious due to severe shock and it was pretty bad but they couldn't comprehend clearly without knowing what it is......."

I blink my eyes at him and then it clicks me.

My ptsd.

i try to keep my calm as i tell him "jake there is nothing severe , its just my trauma from back when i was kid , you know how i used to randomly mumble and scream in my sleep it's all because of the gun shots and......." I tilt my head before saying " you didnt clear it with them that i saw the whole scene at the site"

"No" "why jake" i ask as confusion engulfs me completely. "So they wont investigate".

I sit there numb knowing he doesnt want to tell the police about this."why?" "Because i will find him and torture him myself for hurting you and trying to hurt the rest of us".

"JAKE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND WHY ARE YOU MAKING THINGS DIFFICULT FOR YOURSELF!?"I burst out being angry but he says nothing and remains silent.

I grip my hair frustration rocking myself back and forth , the anxiety taking the best of me "jake please i beg don't take me for granted and hurt me , i trust you with all my heart and if you are the one who breaks it , jake i'll be in worse condition than a damsel in distress" i mumble but audible enough for him to hear it as my voice quivers with tears brimming in eyes.

Jake stares at me with eyes filled with emotions but why do i see pity in them?

My heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach as i witness such a sight , i look away from him lowering my head and sigh " i wanna go home" i try to get off the bed . " wait! Aera listen-" jake sentence is left in the middle when a nurse enters with Sunghoon.

"Hey rose , im glad you're awake , the doctor said you can get discharged once you're awake but you have to come for a check-up tomorrow" he smiles at me his voice soft , and hearing it i wanna cry because he will be mad once he knows that jake made me upset again but i control my tears and give him a wobbly smile.

He doesnt spare a glance at jake and watches the nurse take of the iv drip and give me a few medicines to eat when i get home.
"Thank you" i say to her and she gives me a small smile before going outside . Jake doesnt speak the whole time and that makes my heart ache further....