31. F**ked up in the head

Sunghoon's pov

We kissed . We f**king kissed finally. As weird as it sounds, i had to give aera space to get comfortable with me in order to be intimate guess it didn't take that long.  We all stood in the living room of jake's house , after changing . I decided that we should have barbecue in his back yard instead since the strong sea breeze would make it hard for us to grill the meat.

Mrs.sim and the girls help cut the meat , with jungwon and heeseung grilling it and me and jay prepare the rice and ramyeon . Seems like today will be quiet a feast. "Yah! Jake stop eating already and help first" he slyly grins and doesnt move an inch from his seat

Tsk this lazy ass.

"Nah i'll pass i already did so much work putting up the camera's when you fools were just staring at me struggling standing on that small stool , i almost fell you know" he retorts still munching on the piece of grilled meat.

"Quit whining about it already sim that was an hour ago" jay snaps with a scowl and i try to stifle a laugh when he glares at both of us but the next moment not only me but everyone there bursts laughing when mrs sim arrives.

"Ow! What the he- oh mom" says jake rubbing the back of his head , laughing whilst mrs.sim is boring holes into his soul with her gaze. "Get up and help or else i'll drag you myself"

"Im not a kid mom-" another glare and he zips his mouth. "Jake take this crate and put it on the table please" aera hands a crate of soju to him. "Why should i , do it yourself"

"Oh really ? Ok MOM-" he quickly covers her mouth , he's pissed off. "Shut up for god sake please" he begs making her shrug and shove the crate into his hands walking away.

It doesnt take long for us to grill the meat and settle down on the table with everyone else ready to dig in. In the middle of eating mrs.sim decides to ask jake about setting up the camera's.

"Son , i forgot to ask what's with all the camera's around the house" her tone addled. Jake become taut and he glances at his mother not knowing how to answer her. I nudge him , telling him it's fine.

He gulps down the bite in his mouth , clearing his throat to speak. "Mom.... That's actually for safety reasons...." He's still unsure of portraying the full message so heeseung speaks on his behalf eliminating the growing skepticism.

"Incase of any trespassing to be more specific an attack " he explains in tranquility, not wanting to thicken the tension . "So byunjoo is still on the move to kill?" Her voice dismayed , rubbing her temples.

"Yeonjun to be exact...." Jake finally speaks about it confidently , explaining the old lady of the events that took place back in Seoul.

"It's alright mom everything's settled for now so you dont need worry" jake side hugs her , assuring her everything is fine when he himself seem's restless , something isn't right at least we know.

The atmosphere suddenly became sombre until jungwon decided to break it by suggesting the obvious "anyone up for some soju?"

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Aera's pov

Midnight had already fallen with at least 8 bottles of soju empty. Mrs.sim already went to bed after a few shots while the boys kept on drinking and doing silly dares just to entertain each other.