Chapter 24

Konohagakure also known as Village Hidden in the Leaves is known as the strongest village amongst the five great shinobi villages. As shown by the past ninja wars their title as the strongest remained undisturbed even when they were attacked by all four of the other shinobi villages.

Due to this huge prestige, numerous tourists, merchants, and other influential people come to Konoha, resulting in its economy thriving better than the other villages. Numerous businesses bloomed due to the influx of people.

Today there was a sudden commotion near the Village gates as a rather important carriage came to view. This situation is quite rare as it was the norm for various Damyos to come and go so no one had reacted like this in ages. And even then the people wouldn't react like this.

While this was going on, a carriage decorated with various designs was pulled by two black horses, driven through the road undisturbed by the commotion it was causing. The carriage driver was already used to this reaction, as it happened every time they went out.

But that does not mean Konoha Anbu wouldn't react to this. They already sent someone to report about this new arrival especially after seeing the golden coloured insignia of a pigeon. This is the insignia of the World Bank after all.

Since these people are too high profile the higher-ups immediately gave a reply to the anbu team. With their orders received the anbu team quickly replaced the guards and welcomed the guests. With their help the carriage went inside the village without any checking.

While this is happening inside the carriage izanami who saw all of this threw a wide smirk at Tsunade.

" heh i told you so " She said with a look of superiority.

Tsunade, hearing this, gritted her teeth as she clenched her fists in frustration.Earlier she and izanami just made a bet on whether the village guards would let their carriage pass through without even stopping them. And Tsunade as usual said the unlikely option of them at least stopping the driver at the checkpoint just as a formality.

But she greatly underestimated how much of a coward her sensei is. I mean, come on, aren't they supposed to be ninjas? What would they do if some enemy ninjas invaded Konoha under the disguise of this carriage? At least they should send in a sensor.

' Old man, you better pray that I don't get a meeting with you,' Tsunade vowed in her heart. She is going to have her revenge one way or another.

While Tsunade was having some dangerous thoughts concerning her teacher, the carriage reached the Hokage building. The coachman got off from his seat to open the doors.

But he was beaten to it as someone else opened the door from the inside. Tenegen, who was selected as the escort for this trip, got off to open a way for Izanami to get down. Izanami gracefully got down with the help of Tengen.

She opened her fan and covered her face with it, just like any young mistress would do in the movies. Her acting was so good that even Tsunade and Tengen were stunned. Tsunade even had to disrupt her chakra to check whether she is in a genjutsu .

"Hmph, so this is Konoha, huh? Not bad. This young mistress is satisfied," Izanami remarked with a hint of satisfaction as she strolled into the building, exuding an air of ownership.

Hearing her words, the ANBU ninja, concealed in the shadows, exchanged grim glances. Each of them had endured numerous missions for affluent merchants and nobles during their tenure as ninjas. Those experiences left a bitter taste in their mouths, a sentiment they now felt resurfacing. They instinctively braced themselves for what was to come, their expressions revealing their apprehension. 'Ah, this is going to be troublesome,' echoed their collective thought.

It wasn't just them. Even the most respected figures shared this sentiment, as evidenced by the scrutiny of their guests through the lens of a crystal ball. Among them was Danzo, a formidable ninja and clandestine partner to the Hokage, Hiruzen. Unlike his counterpart, Danzo regarded the nobles with a cold detachment, his icy demeanor striking fear into their hearts with just a glance. It was this very quality that had prevented him from ever being seriously considered as a candidate for the position of Hokage by the Fire Daimyo.

Of course, all of this was noticed by Izanami. As soon as she entered the village, her Observation Haki enveloped the entire village completely. With her high mastery, she could preserve the emotions and thoughts of everyone within her range. This is why she even put on that show—to gauge the reactions of the higher-ups. And to say she is satisfied would be an understatement.

Hiruzen and Danzo are already starting to scheme on how to make her donate some money into their pockets. This clearly shows that they had clearly not done their homework.As a visitor coming to Konoha on an official journey it was inevitable for The World Bank to issue a warning of their visit to Konoha.

At first, Izanami had some doubts about whether Danzo or one of the other two elders would realize her purpose for coming here personally. After all, why would someone send a representative from the World Bank if they don't have any debt? Just as Tsunade had discovered, a thorough examination of the financial records would inevitably unveil the truth.

But it seems she underestimated their level of caution. From the emotions and thoughts she is getting from them, they didn't register as a threat to their rule. Maybe they thought she was just here to live in Konoha like the wife of the Fire Daimyo. After all, the World Bank did have a mansion in Konoha.

Ah, I see. In that case, the sentence should be adjusted to reflect her internal thoughts:

'Well, now that I think about it, these guys don't really have any ability to govern,' Izanami thought to herself, a hint of disdain coloring her inner monologue. 'From what I remember, the village still is functioning due to the policies Tobirama invented. If anything, the only remarkable things they did was to lower the education level of the citizens and send innocent children as cannon fodder.'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu