Chapter 26

In the office of the Hokage, a grim atmosphere prevailed. Even the typically serene Hiruzen wore an uncharacteristically troubled expression as he, alongside the three elders, observed the events downstairs through the legendary crystal ball.

"Homura, is what she said true? Are we really in debt to the World Bank?" Hiruzen inquired, turning to his friend. Homura, entrusted with managing the village's financial affairs, held the answers they desperately sought.

"Yes, I just went through the records earlier," Homura confirmed, his tone grave. "It appears that a significant portion of funds was indeed allocated to stabilize the village during the First Hokage's era under Tobirama's guidance. This measure was taken to address the economic challenges faced during the village's infancy. However, what we didn't realize was that this incurred a debt with the World Bank."

He continued, explaining the intricacies of the situation. "Originally, the debt was meant to be repaid by future generations of the Senju and Uchiha clans, the founders of our village. The agreement was for a small percentage of each clan member's monthly income to be directed towards repaying the debt. Given the population at that time, approximately a thousand members in each clan, the debt was projected to be settled within fifty years."

Homura's revelation cast a shadow over the room, as the weight of this newfound knowledge settled heavily upon them.

Hiruzen nodded solemnly as he processed Homura's words. "Yes, the casualties of the First Ninja War took a heavy toll on both the Senju and Uchiha clans, particularly decimating the ranks of the Senju, almost to the point of extinction."

Regret weighed heavily upon Hiruzen's shoulders as he reflected on the consequences of past decisions. "Allowing Danzo to operate unchecked was a mistake," he admitted quietly to himself, recognizing his own complicity in the matter. Though he may not have directly endorsed the decision, his inaction had inadvertently facilitated it.

"Given the circumstances, it's only fair that both clans face the consequences of their actions," Danzo stated abruptly, his voice laced with contempt. "And as for those wretched Uchiha, they should consider themselves fortunate if their existence serves Konoha's interests." His eyes gleamed with a sinister light, revealing the depth of his animosity towards the Uchiha.

The other two elders also chimed in, their voices echoing agreement. "Yes, that seems quite reasonable," one of them affirmed. "With the Senju clan no longer in existence, it is only fair that the Uchiha bear responsibility for their actions from the past."

Their voices melded into a chorus of agreement, echoing Danzo's sentiments with an air of validation. In their unity lay an unspoken acknowledgment of the Uchiha's past missteps, magnifying the significance of their debts to the World Bank. It was a burden too hefty for any run-of-the-mill clan to shoulder. With the Uchiha's future hanging in the balance, a subtle sense of anticipation rippled through the ranks of Konoha's elite. After all, there was a shared belief that a weakened Uchiha meant a stronger Konoha.

"Enough, all of you!" Hiruzen's voice boomed through the room, cutting through the tension like a blade. With a surge of his aura, he asserted his authority as the Hokage, reminding them that despite his age, he still commanded respect.

Although the others fell silent in the face of Hiruzen's imposing aura, Danzo remained undeterred. "Isn't this reasonable?" he pressed on, his tone defiant. "The village simply cannot bear this debt, especially in the wake of the Nine Tails incident and the aftermath of the Third Shinobi War. This is the best course of action for Konoha."

To Danzo, this was more than just a matter of economics; it was a rare opportunity. With the Uchiha clan weakened financially, they would have no choice but to pursue high-ranking missions, leaving them vulnerable to his machinations. It was a chance to further his own agenda, to utilize his Root ninjas to eliminate them and harvest their eyes for his own gain.

"Danzo, enough," Hiruzen's voice sliced through the tension, his glare piercing as he addressed his persistent council member. "We will discuss this further once we've heard the full story from the representative. They must agree to our arrangement before any decisions are made." His tone brooked no argument, signaling an end to the debate for the time being.

"Well, it seems you guys at least have some sense in your old fossil brains," a sarcastic voice remarked as the door of the Hokage's office was kicked open.

Everyone jumped as the door swung open, revealing Izanami standing there like she owned the place. She strolled in casually, with Tsunade and Shizune trailing behind, their faces a jumble of resignation and confusion, showing just how complicated things were. Tengen hovered by the doorway, clearly feeling left out; nonetheless he played his role as the bodyguard.

"You old fogies sure have some guts to make this young miss wait," Izanami remarked with a threatening edge, using her fan to partially conceal her face. "So, do you have any explanation for this? Beware, if you don't give this young miss a satisfactory answer, our negotiation is already over."

"Now, now, young lady, why don't you calm down for a minute," Hiruzen intervened, his signature grandfatherly smile softening his words. "We were just a bit confused by your sudden arrival. Do forgive us, as we are quite old and not as quick to adapt."

If this was a normal negotiation the other party would have to back down hearing these words. After all bullying an elder is frowned upon in every era. But unfortunately for Hiruzen the one he is dealing is someone who don't give a shit about this.

"Huh, if you already know you're old, then why the hell are you still Hokage?" Izanami retorted mercilessly. "And what's with this elder council anyway? All I see is a group of old fossils who only know how to complain. I mean, there's a mummy in this room! Is Konoha so lacking that they need a half-functional person to manage it?" Her words dripped with sarcasm and disdain.

Hiruzen's grandfatherly smile faltered at Izanami's words, a flicker of annoyance crossing his features before he composed himself. Danzo, on the other hand, emitted his gloomy aura, his anger palpable in the air. The other two elders mirrored his hostility, their glares directed fiercely at Izanami.

As the tension in the room thickened, Izanami couldn't help but smirk behind her fan. 'Hehe, this is almost too easy,' she thought to herself, relishing in the discomfort she had caused.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu