Chapter 1: A Christmas Mystery

It had been two years since the battle had ended and it was Christmas Eve. All of the Grimms were gathered together for the holiday. After a few months of running around the world with Uncle Jake, fighting bad guys and acquiring magical items, Puck had received word that his home, Faerie needed their king back due to urgent business. Puck had left to help with the rebuild of Faerie and he had been gone the entire time and Sabrina was truly missing him. He hadn't contacted them at all and it was highly bothering her. The Everafters helped Relda rebuild her home, and many of the Everafters decided to move back to Ferryport because the world was a little too big for their taste.

"I swear if that stink face shows up then I'm going to break him." Sabrina said stubbornly as she sat by the window watching to see if Puck was going to come home and Relda let out a quiet laugh.

"If you're so angry at him then why are you waiting by the window Liebling?" Relda asked and Sabrina felt like she should get up but she didn't, she just stared out the window and Relda knew she was upset and was about to walk over to her but Veronica stopped her and walked over to Sabrina herself and sat down beside her.

"Sabrina, he's probably not coming. We invited him last year and the Christmas right after he left and he didn't show up. He hasn't called you since he left, and above all, he hasn't tried to contact you in any way. What makes you think that he is going to come this year?" Veronica pointed out and Sabrina looked to her as she felt the sting of tears coming to her eyes. "Honey, it's time for you to move on."

"Maybe after today I will." Sabrina suggested as she avoided eye contact and then looked back out the window. Just then, very silently, Puck flew in through the chimney with a bag of gifts and only Jake and Daphne saw him. Daphne bit down on her hand and quietly walked over and hugged him tightly. "I'm sure Puck had a perfectly good reason for not coming." Puck looked to Sabrina and had a slight smile at what she had just said. Henry let out a huff.

"Well sweetie you have said that every time he has missed an event he was invited to for two years. Do you really think that he has a reason for that?" Henry asked and at that very second he noticed Puck who looked like he was about 15 years old and Henry looked furious. Puck saw him and then looked back to see what Sabrina would say. Puck ran his hand through Daphne's hair which Daphne now wore in a down fashion instead of putting it up in a braid, and it was slightly wavy.

"For all we know Puck hasn't even known about any of them. What if his psychotic mother was keeping our invitations from him? What if she refused to let him contact us? We don't know. All we know is that he is being an incredible king for his people and that's all I need to know. Before he left he asked me to trust him and he asked for me to be patient and so here I am doing it. Now can you all just shut up so I can watch for him in peace?!" Sabrina asked as her voice shook because she was fighting her massive urge to cry and Puck had to say something.

"Well, it's nice to know that you trust me." Puck said as he had a couple of tears in his eyes. Sabrina turned to see him and felt a feeling that she didn't expect. She thought she would be angry. She thought she would want to hit him or kick him at least. Maybe pull her wooden sword out and hit him upside the head. However, she felt a warmth fill her and she ran over to him and jumped into his arms and kissed him on the cheek. Henry looked much angrier than everyone else who were calm and he was about to lunge towards Puck but Veronica stopped him.

"Give him a chance to explain." Veronica sighed. Puck pulled back from Sabrina and then looked to her.

"Ok, so I'm not getting a knuckle sandwich today. Wasn't expecting that." Puck said in slight disbelief and Henry weighed in as he crossed his arms.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." Henry said through gritted teeth and Puck knew he had to explain, but the only person he wanted to explain himself to was Sabrina so he turned back to her.