Chapter 13: They Follow The Heir

Sabrina walked in to find Puck in tears as he sat there trying to cope with everything that had happened.

"Puck, I know it's not fair to you for them to act like that but they were manipulated by Dad." Sabrina started to defend them and Puck nodded.

"I know Sabrina. It doesn't make it hurt any less that they believed him." Puck responded and Sabrina sat in front of him on her knees. He was sitting on the bed trying to deal with everything going on. "They all thought I was going to kick them out for just talking to me. I mean, how could they believe something so terrible?" Puck asked and Sabrina didn't know what to say.

"I don't know. I do know that they feel terrible." Sabrina replied and Puck nodded. "Come on, we've gotta write your speech for you."

"I've had it prepared for over 20 years. I knew eventually my Mom's past would come back to haunt her. Loki was Celenia's dad by the way. She never knew him." Puck revealed and Sabrina looked shocked.

"Oh. Well, wow." Sabrina reacted.

"I know." Puck sighed and then he shook his head. "He tried to kill Celenia after she was born too. It's just.... Been a massive cluster of shit today Sabrina and I honestly can't handle anything else."

"So you've been using the speech as an excuse to get some time alone then?" Sabrina asked and Puck nodded and Sabrina grabbed his hand. "Do I have to be worried about you losing your light ever again?"

"I don't know. Considering a fairy has never resisted it, I have nothing to base it on. But I'm not in pain right now physically so I would say I'm alright for now." Puck replied honestly and Sabrina nodded.

"Ok. Do you want me to stay with you?" Sabrina asked and Puck didn't know so he didn't respond and Sabrina got up on the bed and wrapped her arms around him and they sat there.......

Later that night Puck, Mustardseed, Celenia, Andrum, and 4 gaurds carried a boat that contained Titania's body out to the Hudson river. They sat the boat down by the river side, half in the water, half on the shore. All of them were holding a rose of a different color.

"We are gathered here today," Puck began to speak to his people and he looked out and saw everyone that had come to attend and it hit him like a ton of bricks. His fathers funeral was tiny, but everyone standing there had brought a rose and there were over 300 people to mourn Titania and they were crying. Puck had brought that kingdom together in ways nobody ever had. The colony hated Puck's parents for hundreds of years but things changed when he became King. "Other than my family, how many of you are mourning my mother? Please be honest." Puck asked and everybody was surprised at the question. After a very long pause nobody raised their hands. "How many of you are here to support me?" Puck asked as his voice shook and slowly every person there raised their hands and Puck started crying as he stood there. It was silent but there were too many tears to force them to hide. "None of you have to be here. We don't have to do this the traditional way. You shouldn't be here just for me." Puck finally spoke when he could gather the strength for it but nobody moved a muscle and Puck felt his heart fill with a feeling he couldn't quite describe. "Why aren't you all leaving? I've said you're allowed to leave. My kingdom is not one that is forced against their will just because a King or Queen says it's so."

"That's exactly why we're not going anywhere." A random woman said and then a man spoke up.

"Titania wasn't beloved by all of us, but you are and we're not letting you suffer alone. You suffered alone for far too long when your father was alive." The man refused to leave and Puck was taken back. Puck turned to his siblings who were crying for him.