10. The sculpture

Welsy

The theme for my sculpture was forgotten until found. I had thought long and hard as to what I could give to the sculpture that could add the element of hope.

The  concept and look of the sculpture were derived from the fact that many ancient scriptures have mentioned humans as the evolved versions of angels or also fallen angels. the structure of the sculpture is that of a naked man running towards a floating key with facial expressions of misery and anguish which is depicted by one tear drop coming out of his right eye. he is unable to reach the key which is multicolour because his wings are tied by a thich black metal rope or chain which is causing coercion on his wings. The wings which are supposed to be the same colour as the body, which is the original colour of the clay once it dries, are slowly becoming black and have cracks in a few places.

The way it would be interpreted is that the man is unaware he has wings because he doesn't know he is a descendant of the angels. The darkness in his life has been personified as black metal chains, causing the man to lose mobility by gripping the wings. The push and pull are causing the man great pain and so his facial expressions show it. He can see a prism-like-looking key that seems to be his only hope of being freed from the shackles.

The wings which were forgotten about are found when they cause him great pain.

But this still felt too melancholy so I decided to change his facial expressions a bit. Showing a frantic expression as if he has seen his last hope. Tears and snot running down his face and a wide grin, eyes wide open and veins popping out.

It will prove difficult to show all this true the colour of stone but I knew I could do it.

----------------------

hey guys lia here,

I am super sorry for the late upload and that too of a short chapter.

I just have a lot on my plate right now with my personal life and college.

The next chapter will be uploaded on Wednesday.

I hope y'all like this chapter

pls vote and share this story with your friends!