~3~

"Ow!" Davenport said when he shocked himself while working with tech from the lab. He was standing behind the counter with Leo as Adam and I sat on the yellow barstools, leaving the one in the middle empty. "Great. Everything in the lab is officially useless, and I don't have any money to repair it." He complained as he threw the tool he was using back at the tech.

"I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting up with your antics for nothing." Leo told him with his eyebrows slightly raised, earning a glare from Davenport.

"Neither have I." I agreed as Bree and Chase began walking over.

"Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab. I don't mind staying up here." She began as she sat down on the middle stool. "I mean, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, it's a start."  She shrugged.

"We don't have time." Davenport told her as he rounded the island. "Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructures." Davenport explained, facing us from the living room.

"Huh?" Adam said, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth open.

"Let me help you." Chase said before bending down to be eye to eye with Adam. "Capsule good!" He shouted stupidly in Adams face. Adam smiled before nodding, finally getting it.

"But I haven't been in my capsule all week, and I feel fine." Bree argued with a shrug.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire." Davenport replied, his hands on his hips.

"Do you know when exactly, cause I have a haircut on Tuesday, and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up looking like that train wreck." Adam explained with a gesture towards Chase who was standing next to him.

"Look, I get it. I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut. What else you got?" Chase asked rhetorically.

"How long do you have?" Adam retorted and the three of us laughed.

"You're supposed to be on my side." Chase said to me with a glare.

"I am, but he got you there." I shrugged with a smile.

"Look, the longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch." Davenport began again. "So don't use your bionics till I get enough money to rebuild the lab." He added.

"Uh oh, I feel a glitch coming on." Adam said with a fake worried face. He threw a smirk at Bree and I before punching Chase in the arm.

"You know what? I feel one coming on, too." Chase told him angrily before harshly shoving him to the floor. Adam quickly got up, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, it's not funny when you hurt me." He told Chase. "It's just rude." He added, his voice wobbly and a frown on his face as he walked away.

***

"Okay, everybody. Family meeting time." Davenport announced when he spotted Leo and I walking down the stairs. He quickly got up and walked over to the living room where Bree and Adam were already sitting. Once we were all over, Adam rose his hand, sitting on the floor next to Bree who sat in the red armchair. "Adam, you don't have to raise your hand to speak. Just talk." Davenport told him as Leo and I sat down on the couch.

"Oh, no, I've got nothing to say. I was just airing out my pits." He replied before putting his other arm in the air.

"No." I told him shaking my head before getting up and smacking his arms down. When I sat back down, Chase rounded the couch and sat next to me.