~11~

I was sitting in the living room reading a book when Leo lifted the entire couch off the ground to look underneath it.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked as he kept holding it above him.

"Looking for my phone." He mumbled shortly.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Douglas shouted from the kitchen when he turned around and spotted Leo.

"Looking for my phone." Leo repeated as he looked at Douglas. "Perhaps you haven't heard. We're bionic now." He added with a smug smile, gesturing to me with his free hand.

"Just your dinky arm." I retorted and he glared at me.

"Put that down and be..." Douglas was interrupted when Leo dropped me and the couch to the floor with a smirk on his face. "Gentle!" He finished and I sprung up from the couch, anger boiling hot and fast.

"Leo!"  I shouted before lunging for his back.

Ever since getting my bionics, it was even easier to piss me off. I don't know why, but even little things sent me over the edge.

"Get off me!" Leo yelled at me as we fought.

"Apologize for throwing me on the ground." I replied through gritted teeth as he sent us to the ground. We wrestled in silence as we fought for the upper hand, which I had.

"Cut that out!" Douglas shouted before I felt his hands grab my shoulder and tug me off Leo. We both stood up and glared at each other. "Look, I know your bionics are fun, but you can't just use it whenever you want. Especially not for that." Douglas scolded.

"Oh, but it's okay when you need a pickle jar opened?" Leo argued as we walked back to the kitchen and Douglas struggled to open a jar of pickles.

"Or when you need me to warm up your coffee?" I asked as I made a pointed look at the coffee mug next to him.

"Those are emergencies." Douglas replied. "You can't have a tuna sandwich without a nice kosher dill, and some warm coffee." I grimaced. That sounded disgusting.

"Have those bionics are a huge responsibility, which I thought you could handle. We finally got the government on our side. Do you know what would happen if they found out there were two more bionic kids?" He asked and I sighed.

"Do you?" I asked, breaking into a smile when he stared at me.

"No, but that's not the point." He shook his head.

"I imagine they'd be happy." Leo shrugged.

"Or they would take you two away and lock me up." Douglas corrected. "And I can't go back to prison. There was a farewell party. I gave a speech and it'd just be awkward."

"Okay, we get it." Leo nodded. "I'll only use my arm when it's absolutely necessary." He assured and I nodded.

"Yep, and I'll only use my bionics if it's necessary, or I'm trying to read in the dark." I smiled, knowing that's what I'd been using it for every night since. Douglas gave me a pointed look and I frowned. "Fine, only when necessary."

"Good." He gave us a thumbs up before walking towards the dining room table with his sandwich.

Not even a split second later, a fly started flying in front of us. We both swatted at it but it wouldn't budge. At the same time Leo shot an energy blast at a weird fake rock in the living room, I set a throw pillow on fire.