The Sirens

Jay's POV:

"What do you want?" I groan, opening up the door only wearing my boxers. Whoever is banging on my door at four in the morning is about to get shot. Standing in front of me is my dearest sister and brother, Lex and Peirce. Peirce looks just as pissed off, his red hair and red beard all frayed with tired blue eyes. He was in a pair of shorts, flip flops, and a purple shirt. Lexi stood with a huge smile but I could still see her exhaustion laying on her. Considering she's pregnant again, it makes sense. She's now a couple weeks pregnant and on top of that she has Peanut who is nearing three years old.

"Mom told me to come get our little families and go to the pack house. Something happened." Perhaps I had misplaced her nervous smile for an excited smile as now, I can see the worry in her eyes.

"Did she tell you what?" I asked, turning around and motioning for them to come in.

"No, she just said we all needed to gather and protect one another incase they get through." They? Swiveling around, I studied Lex and saw her anxiously flittering eyes. She knows more than she's letting on. I'm not going to interrogate her though. They could be anyone but I have a gut feeling that she may be taken sooner than we had expected.

Taking three steps at a time, I made my way to the second floor and around the corner of the hallway to make it to my room.

"Baby, wake up." I demanded, grabbing a bag and putting some of her clothes in it. I could hear her groan before she sits up, looking at me with confusion while squinting from the light. Her hair is frizzed and honestly looked like a bird's nest but she always looks as beautiful as ever. At least to me. She's up in an instance, grabbing another bag and grabbing me clothes.

"What's happening? Why aren't you packing clothes for yourself?" Her worried tone sounds tired but scared, her eyes flicking around the room for anything I can use or wear. She had loaded all my knives in there along with some more clothes.

"Someone's on their way here. We don't know if they've gotten past security or not. Whoever it is could be here any minute. Come on. We need to go pack some canned food and snacks for you guys." They are going to need food in the bunker in case they have to hide for longer than planned. We have a bunker set up for children and any woman or man incapable of fighting such as pregnant women or the elderly.

"Where are you going to be?" She asked, completely freezing in her spot, whipping her eyes to me.

"I gotta go out and see who it is. It's part of being the alpha. You don't know how to fight yet and I don't want to risk you getting hurt. The pack needs a Luna-" I'm surprised when she cut me off with a long sad kiss.

"Shut up. I'm not going to stay wherever you want to put me and let others die. I'll stick to the shadows and I'll give Corrina full control." When I went to argue, she shushed me and walked out of the room with the duffel bag I have for food.

"You're right though! The kids and others will need and want food!" Her voice called from the hallway. I glared at the wall before dragging a hand over my face and sighing. She better not fuck up because it's the pack's life on the line if she does.

"I'll be fine! Worry about yourself!" This time her voice called from downstairs and I couldn't help but shake my head and let out an amused huffing. Moving to go downstairs, I heard a knock on the door. When I opened the door, I was expecting Lomen or an intruder but instead, a little girl stood in front of me. The wind was whipping outside, rain crashing down against anything and everything. I found myself completely shocked and raged when the lighting struck because for the first time, I could see the blood covering the little girl. She was crying and hugging herself, looking around frantically with her small wide blue doe eyes.