Chapter 16 A Happy Ending🍋

AN: Well, I don't really have much to say for this chapter. Figured I'd give yall some you and Monty time so that's what this chapter is. That's about it, but no it's not the end of the book, the chapter title will make more sense once you read it.

...---...

You opened your eyes to a dark room. A bit of light was dancing its way past the curtain. It hit your eyes as the sun used to do when you were younger, but you knew it wasn't. You squinted while throwing your hand up to block the beams.

*No wonder I woke up*

You sat up so the light wouldn't be in your eyes, that's when it hit. Your whole body was aching. You were going to get up, but you decided to lay back down and give your body a break.

"Uugh"

You let out a small groan of pain while laying back down. You sprawled out a bit and your hand met a stopping point. Your hand ran into Monty's. You looked at him with what little light was shining into the room. He was still asleep. You picked up your phone and looked at the time. Its screen lit up the room showing 12:26 PM.

"Damn, guess we are both tired out."

Some rustling next to you caught your attention. Looking to Monty, you saw that he was now awake and sitting up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"No no, It's fine. I should get up anyways if it's past twelve."

Monty got up and out of bed and you tried to follow his example. You stood up letting out some more groans.

"You good, you sound in pain."

"I am actually. Everything we've been doing, while fun, is also really straining on my body. Guess I'm not used to all this exercise."

"Mmm, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I'm all good. Besides, not like there is much you can do."

"Yeah, I guess. So I assume that today will just be a relaxing day?"

"You assume correct." you say as you flop back onto the bed.

He gets some new clothing on and fixes himself up a bit. You just lay on the bed watching him while he does his thing. He finishes and walks over to the door.

"So you wanna go and get breakfast?"

"I'm too tired and sore to walk."

"Who said anything about you walking?" says Monty as he scoops you up from the bed.

"Aww, thank you Monts." you say before snuggling up to him.

While you walk, Monty stops and grabs you chin. He turns it to him, but you beat him to it and start kissing him.

"Well, guess you were ready for that."

"Payment for carrying me."

"I don't need payment for that, you're quite light." He pauses for a second before continuing, "how much do you weigh?"

As he says that, you get nervous and your heart drops a bit. He can see by your expression that you got uncomfortable and he hit a touchy spot.

"Sorry, you don't need to answer that."

You stay silent, but nod your head. He continues to walk to the kitchen. The awkwardness fades away fairly fast. He walks into the kitchen and sets you down.

"So, do you want anything specific?"

"I'm fine with anything, you're good at cooking."

"Okay, sounds good."