14: wouldn't you like to know

The morning sun filtered through the dense canopy of the forest, casting dappled shadows on the ground below. As I stood beside Levi, watching him command the scouts with his usual air of authority, I couldn't help but feel a sense of admiration mixed with irritation. His blunt demeanour grated on my nerves, but there was no denying his effectiveness as a leader.

"Alright, listen up!" Levi's voice cut through the chatter of the scouts, instantly commanding their attention. "Pair up and practice using your ODM gear. We need to be sharp if we're going to take on any titans."

I exchanged a knowing look with Hange as they approached, their eyes sparkling with excitement. "Ready for some titan training, Luna?" they asked, enthusiasm infectious as always.

I nodded, suppressing a smirk. "Always."

Levi, ever the curious observer, raised an eyebrow. "What's this about titan training?" he inquired, his tone laced with skepticism.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Hange believes I can unlock more titan abilities with some practice," I explained, trying to keep my tone light despite the weight of Levi's scrutiny.

Levi grunted in response, his skepticism evident, but he made no move to protest as Hange led me away to begin our training.

Under Hange's guidance, I began to transform, feeling the familiar rush of power as my titan form emerged. Levi watched silently from the sidelines, his arms crossed over his chest, his expression unreadable.

As I practiced, Hange offered guidance and encouragement, her enthusiasm fuelling my determination. Levi interjected occasionally with his trademark sarcasm, but his observations were surprisingly insightful, and I found myself begrudgingly appreciating his input.

With each passing hour, I could feel myself growing stronger and more confident in my abilities. Levi's grudging nods of approval only fuelled my determination further, and by the end of the training session, I felt more empowered than ever before.

As we regrouped with the other scouts, Levi's usual stoicism cracked ever so slightly as he offered me a rare compliment.

"Not bad, Tybur," he remarked, his tone gruff but genuine.

I stopped in my tracks, my expression hardening. "Don't call me by that name," I snapped, my patience wearing thin.

Levi's response was a low chuckle. "Or what?"

I clenched my jaw, resisting the urge to give in to his taunts. Instead, I turned on my heel and walked away, refusing to engage with his usual antagonistic behavior.

Arriving at my office, I sank into my chair with a heavy sigh, the weight of the day's events pressing down on me. But as I glanced at the journal on my desk, a sense of determination welled up inside me once more.

I opened my journal and began to write, channeling my frustrations into words on the page.

I hear a familiar knock on my door and without lifting my gaze from the journal, I call out,

"Come in." The door creaks open, and there he is, Levi, his presence instantly noticeable in any room he enters. I catch a whiff of his cologne as he steps further inside.

As he settled himself into the chair across from me, I quickly hid my journal away in my desk drawer, unwilling to let him see the vulnerable side of me.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asked, his tone unreadable.

I shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "I can finish what I was doing later."

"So, after our chat on Monday, I realised that I know nothing about you," I said, getting straight to the point.

Levi's fingers trailed along my desk, and I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at his exaggerated disgust.