23: tell no one, especially not Levi

It's a Monday afternoon, and the Scouts are out patrolling, leaving the headquarters quieter than usual. Levi, never one to waste a moment, decides it's the perfect time to clean and organize the supply room. And, naturally, he drags me along with him.

As we step into the supply room, the familiar scent of cleaning solutions fills the air. Boxes are stacked haphazardly, and various supplies are scattered across the floor and shelves. Levi, ever the perfectionist, looks around with a critical eye.

"We've got our work cut out for us," he remarks, rolling up his sleeves. "Let's get to it, Tybur."

As I sort through the stacks of supplies, I can feel Levi's eyes on me. His presence is hard to ignore, and I find myself glancing over at him more often than I should.

I decide to break the silence. "So, Captain," I say, picking up a stack of documents. "Do you always clean the supply room yourself, or do you just enjoy torturing people?"

Levi smirks, moving closer as he organizes a pile of cleaning supplies. "I find that people tend to do a better job when I'm supervising. And maybe I do enjoy torturing you a bit."

I laugh, shaking my head. "Sadist."

"Masochist," he counters, his voice teasing as he takes a step closer, our shoulders nearly brushing. "You're the one who keeps coming back for more."

I look up at him, raising an eyebrow. "Maybe I just enjoy your company."

He pauses, the smirk softening into something more genuine. "Maybe I enjoy yours too."

We're standing close now, the distance between us barely noticeable. The air feels charged, and I can feel my heart beating faster. I open my mouth to say something, but the door to the supply room suddenly swings open, and we both jump back.

Hange strides in, a clipboard in hand, eyes scanning the room before landing on us. "Ah, there you two are! I was wondering where you disappeared to."

Levi clears his throat, stepping back and crossing his arms. "Just cleaning up the supply room. What do you need, Hange?"

Hange's eyes twinkle with mischief as they glance between us. "Looks like I interrupted something. Sorry about that. Anyway, I needed to go over some patrol reports with you, Levi."

I can feel my face heating up, and I busy myself with the documents in front of me, trying to ignore the way Hange's presence has changed the atmosphere. Levi sighs, giving me a brief, almost apologetic look before turning to Hange.

"Alright, let's get this over with," he says, his tone all business now.

As they start discussing the reports, I can't help but feel a pang of disappointment. The moment between Levi and me had been unexpected, but it was something I hadn't realized I was craving until it was interrupted. I continue organizing the supplies, my mind racing with thoughts of what might have happened if we hadn't been interrupted.

After a few minutes, Hange wraps up the discussion and claps Levi on the shoulder. "Thanks, Levi. And Luna," they add with a wink, "keep up the good work."

Levi watches as Hange leaves, then turns back to me, the playful glint returning to his eyes. "Now, where were we?"

I smile, feeling the tension ease slightly. "I believe you were about to tell me how much you enjoy torturing me."

Levi smirks, moving even closer, his shoulder nearly brushing mine. "Oh, I could tell you plenty, but I think you already know."

We continue working, but the air between us is electric with unspoken words and lingering glances. Just as I'm about to make another witty remark, I glance at the clock on the wall and realise I have a meeting I need to attend.