Just two creature's being creatures together.

"Hello, sausage." Tatum heard her mum's voice once the door was pulled open. Looking down at the older woman she could feel all of her emotions bubbling to the surface, her mums soft voice making her feel like they're okay to come out now. She's safe.

"Mum." Was all Tatum got out before she took a step forward and pulled her mum in for a hug, wrapping her arms around the woman and squeezing. She leant her head down as best she could so she could lean on her as the tears that have been threatening to bubble to the surface for so long finally released.

"What's going on, flower?" Her mum spoke, returning the hug.

"Just...meh." Tatum mumbled sniffing slightly.

"Yeah? That's okay."

Tatum nodded silently, just allowing her body to feel the reassurance it needed at having her mother now with her.

"Come on, big girl pants on now." Her mum said as she patted her on the back. Tatum nodded and stepped away before sniffing and wiping her eyes.

She stepped back so she was next to Katie who was watching the whole interaction. Her family was important to her, so seeing how much her mum meant to Tatum made her own her feel happy.

"This is Katie, my...my-" Tatum stopped mid sentence, frowning as she glanced at Katie. "My...Katie." She settled on.

Played it off well.

"Katie, this is my mum."

Katie stepped forward as Tatum's mum held her arms out, inviting Katie in for a hug. "Call me Molly, love." She said as she gave Katie a quick rub on the back before they parted. "Right, now get in here. Your cousin is doing my head in."

Tatum laughed and motioned for her mom to step through the house first, knowing she would have her walker behind her blocking the way anyways.

"Your mums a little fitty, you know." Katie mumbled as they walked through.

"Don't start this game, you have way more family I can hit on."

//////////////////////////////////////////////

"No, I'm not having it!" Tatum's cousin, Ellie exclaimed as she threw her cards down on the table in front of her.

Katie laughed as she watched Molly reach forward and place a hand on Ellie's arm. "Calm down." The older woman spoke through laughter

"No, you calm down! Why does she get a point for beating when it's gas but I don't get a point for saying leccy for electricity! It's a fix!"  Since the plans were last minute, Molly didn't end up cooking for the group, instead settling on having some picky food on the table as they play some games.

"Because she's 6, you utter psycho." Tatum replied, wrapping her arm around her nieces shoulders.

"No this is a scam. How are two on a team with a six year old and I've ended up on a team with him who's as useless a doorknob and her who's got brain damage. I hate this family." Ellie stated as she sat back and took a big sip of her wine.

"Good job you're adopted then."

Molly leant forward and slapped the back of Tatum's head. "Will you stop telling her that because I'm the one she hounds asking if you're lying!"

"How's it going over at Barca, T?" Matt asked, having gone through the adopted conversation one to many times to know that it doesn't end well.

"Good y-"

"Are you coming back home yet?" Ellie interrupted to ask. 

"Auntie T's coming home?" Tatum's niece, Isla, spoke up from her seat, the conversation now catching her interest.