Chapter 70: The Sick and Weak School Flower (5)

The aroma of freshly cooked food wafted through the air as Hanae and her friends made their way to the cafeteria for lunch. The Eikou Academy cafeteria was a sight to behold, with its high ceilings, marble floors, and elegant tall windows casting a bright glow over the bustling space. The walls were adorned with intricate wallpapers, adding to the luxurious ambience.

As Hanae and her friends entered the cafeteria, the other students admiring glances fell on them. Their eyes couldn't help but be drawn to her delicate elegance and graceful demeanour. 

"That... the Ojou-sama has returned to school?"

"Well, what do you know... Didn't they say she almost died last time? She seems to be well."

"Yeah, that's good that she is fine."

"Wait, has she always looked that good?"

The gentle breeze from the window blew her long and straight hair, causing strands to dance delicately around her face. The sunlight caught the subtle highlights in her hair, casting a warm halo over her delicate features.

"Omg, she looks so good!!! So angelic."

Among the crowd, Hanae spotted Misaki Chiba, the girl who had saved her before. She waved with a gentle smile and caught Misaki's attention, and the girl rushed over, her face lighting up with happiness at seeing Hanae again.

"Minazuki-san, gokigenyou. I'm so glad to see you're feeling better!" Misaki exclaimed, her eyes shining with genuine concern.

Hanae bowed graciously in gratitude. "Gokigenyou, Chiba-san. I can't thank you enough. I owe you my life."

Misaki blushed at the praise and waved her hand embarassedly. "It was nothing, really. Besides, your family had given us so many gifts."

Her family almost fainted when the Minazuki family's gifts were delivered. Even though they insisted that it wasn't necessary, they couldn't refuse at all. 

Not to mention that a representative from the Minazuki company came to her father's company. Even though it was just a small collaboration, from what she heard, the benefit was immense. Her father had raised her pocket money! 

Kaori, who considered herself Hanae's best friend, cheerfully extended an invitation. "Would you like to join us for lunch, Chiba-san?"

But Misaki, embarrassed by the attention, politely declined. "I appreciate the offer, Tanaka-san, but my friends are waiting for me." She looked behind her and motioned at a group of girls, who looked on with jealousy as Misaki conversed with Hanae, the princess of Eikou.

With a nod of understanding, Hanae and her friends bid Misaki farewell, watching as the girl rejoined her friends.

Turning back to her own friends, Hanae and her companions began to search for an empty table. They soon found one near the window, offering a picturesque view of the school grounds bathed in sunlight.

Meanwhile, Tatsuya and his friends were also present in the cafeteria. Tatsuya's eyes narrowed, and he braced himself as he saw Hanae look around, expecting her to approach him as she often did in the past. But to his surprise, Hanae walked past his table without a second glance and followed her friends to sit by the window.

Tatsuya's friends exchanged surprised glances, noting the change in Hanae's behaviour. "Looks like Hanae's finally stopped bothering you, Tatsuya," one of them teased, "You must be relieved."

But Tatsuya remained expressionless. "Yeah," he muttered, though his tone betrayed his true feelings. Something felt wrong, really wrong.

However, he didn't have time to figure out what was wrong.