Chapter 77: The Sick and Weak School Flower (12)

As the graduation ceremony at Eikou Academy had finally come to an end, Hanae Minazuki walked out of the school gates with her friends. She spotted her family at a distance—her parents and her older brother Haruki, standing tall and proud as always, waiting for her.

As she approached them, her friends greeted her family one by one, their voices a mix of respect and admiration. The Minazuki family has made a strong presence lately, and no one in this circle would miss the opportunity to build a relationship with them. Mrs Minazuki smiled graciously while Mr Minazuki maintained his usual stoic expression, though there was a hint of warmth in his eyes.

Haruki, the proud elder brother, caught sight of Hiroto standing a little further away. "Hiroto-kun! I heard you're also heading to Tokyo University of the Arts, just like Hanae," he said, his voice friendly but with the unmistakable authority of an older sibling.

Hiroto nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Yes, I am, Haruki-niisan. However, I will be at the faculty of fine arts instead of Hanae'chan's faculty of music."

Hanae's mother, always eager to protect her daughter, leaned in slightly. "That's wonderful, Hiroto-kun. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your mother must be proud."

She said this because Hiroto's mother is a renowned painter who is well-known in the community.

Mrs Minazuki bowed slightly before saying, "Hiroto-kun, Aunty trouble you to please look after Hanae when you're at university."

"Of course," Hiroto replied, also bowing slightly and flustered from accepting this gesture from an elder. His tone is gentle but sincere when he says, "Hanae-chan is my cherished friend. I'll have to trouble her to look after me as well."

After a few more exchanged pleasantries, they headed home. As they arrived at the Minazuki estate, Hanae noticed an unexpected guest—Doctor Iwamoto, standing in the front garden, finishing up a conversation with her grandfather.

Doctor Iwamoto had been checking in on her grandfather's health for some time now. Since the elder Minazuki had retreated to his quiet life in the mountains, it is unavoidable to miss a health issue or two. While he is in the city, the Minazuki took the opportunity to make him check everything.

"Ah, Minazuki-dono, Hanae-chan," Doctor Iwamoto greeted as he noticed them arrive. He smiled the same gentle but professional expression that Hanae had grown accustomed to during their recent acquaintance. Hearing him addressing his granddaughter, Takahiro Minazuki's eyebrow raised slightly.

"Everything looks good with Minazuki-sama," he reported to Hanae's father, who was listening intently. "His health is stable, but of course, regular check-ups are still recommended."

Takeshi Minazuki listened carefully, while Takahiro scoffed, "I told you I'm fine. There is no need for all this fuss."

After a brief conversation, Doctor Iwamoto excused himself. However, as he walked past Hanae, he paused briefly, offering her a small nod. "Congratulations on your graduation, Hanae-chan. Bright future ahead!"

"Thank you, Doctor," Hanae replied politely. Her expression doesn't show any fluttering shyness that a girl her age would have. Seeing this, Takahiro Minazuki, who had quietly observed their exchange, was relieved.

Seeing Doctor Iwamoto had left, he said to his son-in-law, Takeshi Minazuki, "Watch out for that young doctor. I don't trust him."

Everyone in the room looked at him, startled.

"Father," Misae Minazuki said cautiously, "Doctor Iwamoto has been taking care of Hanae-chan for months now. He's been nothing but helpful."

Grandfather scowled, his critical eyes narrowing. "I can see the way that doctor is eyeing Hanae," he said bluntly, "Boy, listen to me. Get someone to investigate him. I won't let some unscrupulous character take advantage of my granddaughter."