Chapter 85: The Flower of the Capital (5)

"Mother, the things last night... weren't you the one that did it?"

These words made Chen Xiangyu's heart stop for a split second.

"Ning'er??" Chen Xiangyu bitterly smiled and brushed her daughter's hair gently with her fingers, "What are you saying? Did someone say anything?"

Feeling the ice-cold hand that touched her forehead, Hua's gaze suddenly sharpened.

"Mother, you were next door..." The two bedrooms were extremely close. If anything happens, how would Chen Xiangyu not be able to hear it?

The answer was clear. It was not that she didn't hear it, but she pretended not to hear it.

Chen Xiangyu was stunned.

She looked up, and her gaze met her daughter's eyes. She had expected blame and pain, but instead, she met cold and disappointed eyes.

That gaze brought chills down to her bones.

How could her own Ning'er look at her like this?

Sure enough, her daughter must have hated her!

It was like a strike of lighting for Chen Xiangyu to be hated by her own daughter. She did not know how that little slut exchanged places with her daughter, but the matter was indeed because of her involvement. Now that the matter has come to this, her heart felt very painful. If only she had not schemed against Hua Ruhong in the beginning, or perhaps if she had only gone out and taken a look last night, perhaps her daughter would not have fallen into such a desperate situation.

Chen Xiangyu held her daughter's hands tightly and said chokingly, "Ning'er, you..." She couldn't bear to see her daughter's sharp gaze. 

She grew up as the prime minister's daughter and then became the wife of another prime minister as well. There was blood and countless lives on her hands. Since she was young, she and her older sister, the current Noble Consort Chen, have done anything necessary to get what they wanted.

Even her relationship with her own husband was not deep. Otherwise, Hua Jinyuan would not have filled his courtyards with concubines. He respected her, not only because Chen Xiangyu was his connection with his mentor and father-in-law but also because she managed the entire Hua mansion and had good relationships with other noble Furens.

If there was anyone in this world that she truly, deeply loves with all her heart, it must be her own daughter, Hua Anning.

Now that her daughter looked at her this way, how could she bear it? Tears welled in Chen Xiangyu's eyes. "Ning'er, do you blame your Mother?"

Hua hesitated, her gaze seemingly uncertain, and in the end, she only sighed softly.

Forget it.

This woman is no saint, but she is still the original owner's mother.

Now that she is here, she will do her best to prevent her from doing more evil.

"Mother, look at my eyes."

---

At the same time, at the residence of King Jin, Feng Lingrui.

Feng Lingrui walked quickly, passing the magnificent and grand main hall in no time. A steward followed a few steps behind him.

A guard walked next to the steward while talking in a low voice to update him about what had happened in the Wu Long temple. 

Hearing that His Highness, King Jin, actually spent the night and came out of a young female's bedroom, as witnessed by so many people, Steward Liu's head throbbing with headache.