Chapter 8: A Village's Little White Flower (8)

[Warning, warning: Another NSFW chapter. Scene not suitable for children!!]

Seeing that no one was following them, Hu Baoshan sighed with relief. "Where did you go? It's so cold outside."

Hua answered. "Catch a fish."

"Catch fish?" Hu Baoshan frowned but smiled dotingly. "Do you like fish? If you want some fish, just tell me. I'll catch some for you. The river is dangerous, and it's cold outside."

'Why didn't I think about it? Fish is also nutritious and good for a patient.'

Hua saw Hu Baoshan's sweaty back from being busy all day. She couldn't help him at all and couldn't even catch a fish. She suddenly felt that she was too useless.

Hua comforted herself in her heart. She just needs to learn. Human females clean and cook for their husbands. She can do this for him in the future.

After deciding this, she walked into the kitchen to help Hu Baoshan cook together, but she was gently pushed out.

After dinner and cleaning up, Hua waited in the bedroom. Before, Hu Baoshan had already changed his clothes and helped her climb to the bed and sleep. However, today, he sat straight in the kitchen, with his hands on his knees, staring at a small jar that smelled funny.

Hua came out from the bedroom and called, "Husband?"

Hu Baoshan stiffened. His ears turned red because of how she addressed him, but he said to her softly, "I'll be there soon. Wait for a while."

"Okay." Hua turned around, climbed onto the bed and waited.

After a while, Hu Baoshan came into the bedroom. He smelled as weird as that small jar in the kitchen.

Hu Baoshan looked at her for a while, his eyebrows moved and twisted, but he did not speak for a long time.

Seeing him like this, Hua also became nervous, "Husband?"

"Nothing." Hu Baoshan said, but after speaking this word, he pressed his lips again. He never knew that it would be so difficult to ask her something.

Perhaps he had also expected something in his heart. It is not that it was difficult to ask, but perhaps he did not want to hear the answer.

In front of Hua's increasingly nervous expression, Hu Baoshan's mouth was strangely squeezed into a straight line when he asked, "Hua'er, what kind of person do you like?"

"Huh?" Hua blinked confusedly.

But Hu Baoshan continues, "Do you like scholars? Like that Du Heng that you saw this afternoon?"

Hua's eyes wandered, trying to remember what the person looked like. "No."

He knew that she was not lying, but he had known that her memory was not very good at the moment. Even if she doesn't like him now, it doesn't mean that she didn't like him before. His heart sank uncontrollably.

He said softly, "If you have someone you like, tell me. If you want to go to him, I will help you."

"Huh?" Hua blinked and turned her head to look at him.

"I mean it. If you want to leave this place, or if you have someone you like, you don't have to worry too much. I will take care of everything." Hu Baoshan's voice choked and trembled as if he was going to cry.

Hua was silent for a long time, and when she spoke, her voice was a little shaky, "...You don't want me?"

Hu Baoshan really froze for a moment before saying, "I didn't mean that--" He was confused by her smashing words.