Chapter 86: The Flower of the Capital (6)

In the Hua manor's main hall, an elegant old woman sat in the main seat. She looks around sixty years old, and most of her hair is white. In her hand, she is holding a walking cane made of a rosewood stick. Her clothing looked old-fashioned, but it did make her appear dominant and steady.

Sitting next to her is a middle-aged man, around forty years old, with a serious expression. He is wearing an official uniform on his body, showing that he has just returned from the court and has not even had time to change clothes. 

On the other side, Chen Xiangyun was kneeling in front of the Old Furen. She cried as her nose kept running, making people surprised that Lady Chen, who was always putting on airs, did not even care about her own appearance. 

"Old Furen, you must call the shots for Ning'er." 

Hua Ruhong and Hua Shenrong stood behind her. All their personal maids were locked up until further instruction was given. With this kind of matter happening,  it would probably be difficult to save them.

The Old Furen sat in the middle of the room, and her face was stretched tightly. 

Three perfectly good Young Ladies went up the mountain, but one ended up with a mishap. Lady Chen had always been trustworthy. But she was supposed to look after her granddaughters and see what happened. Old Furen thought about the matter and felt like a big rock was stuffed in her chest.

Hua Jinyuan was distressed but noticed his other daughters in the room. "Ruhong and Shenrong must be tired. You can go back to your courtyards first. There is no need for you to be here."

Hua Shenrong's mother, Lady An, is only a low-level concubine in this manor. She also cleverly excused herself and left with her daughter to be far away from this heavenly battle. Being able to give birth to a daughter under Lady Chen's management shows how much Lady An could bend and stretch. Otherwise, her fate would be the same as other concubines in this manor.

As soon as the Second Young Lady, Hua Ruhong, came back and showed her might, Lady An knew which side she should stand on. Look at what happened today. Even thinking with her foot, she knows it has something to do with Hua Ruhong. Luckily, she told her daughter to get close to this Second Lady so her daughter could come home safely.

Lady Chen cried mournfully. Her eyes stared straight at Hua Ruhong as she left, as if Hua Ruhong was a poisonous snake that could eat humans. Even though she wanted to claw that slut's face and slammed her to the floor, she remembers the warning her daughter, Hua Anning, said to her.

For some reason, she thinks her daughter is right, and what she said is very reasonable. It is better to stay away from that monster. Hua Ruhong will get married soon anyway.

"Chen clan, what exactly happened to my granddaughter?" The Old Furen's back was straight, and her aura was scary. After all, Hua Anning grew up under her knee, and over the years, this granddaughter brought a lot of face to the Hua family as the most talented woman in the capital. Now that this granddaughter had met an incident, she was angry in her heart. 

Lady Chen kowtowed as she explained what had happened to the Old Furen, putting herself in a weak position. On normal days, she always looks strong, but at this moment, her weak appearance makes her even more pitiful.

In the silent hall, Hua Ruhong's mother, Lady Yao, spoke with a soft voice, "No wonder just now an Imperial Edict arrived on behalf of His Highness King Jin. So it is to give Eldest Lady a title."

Lady Yao is Hua Jinyuan's first wife and technically his primary spouse, which is why she has a full right to stay in the hall. However, her background is not high, and she has been exiled away from the manor for many years, so her behaviour has always been timid.