Chapter 72: The Sick and Weak School Flower (7)

"Ah, so exciting, it seems so exciting?!"

Hua was surrounded by her three friends, looking very envious of the guests. She also wanted to go inside and try it. "I wonder if it's really that scary..." she murmured.

"Hanae-chan..." Kaori looked at her worriedly. She also wanted to try, but... There is no way she would let Hanae take a step inside. What if it was so scary that Hanae's heart stopped completely?

Aiko also took Hanae's hand and persuaded, "Hanae-chan, let's not try it, okay?"

Hua chuckled and said, "I know, I know... I won't go in."

At this time, Reika Inoue and her friends came out, still wearing their white-kimono costumes.

"Ahhh..! Oh, it's just you, Inoue-san." Kaori said while patting her chest. So shocking.

Luckily, they had at least taken off their wigs and bloody make-up. "Are you going out to rest?"

"Yeah, it was very stuffy inside. I can't take it anymore." She said while fanning herself. Before long, some girl had come back with a bottle of mineral water that she opened in front of them before sending it to Reika. Someone else inserted a straw, another took over the fan and so on.

Reika Inoue's followers are truly on another level.

After drinking water, Reika turned to them and asked Aiko, "That was your voice, right? I didn't expect it, Moriuchi-san. You sound so scary when you sing."

Aiko turned red and answered, "Don't tease me Inoue-san. That was just because everyone played so well."

In the recording, Hanae played the koto, Nirina played the flute, Kaori played a biwa, and Aiko sang. Once their emotions were brought into the play, they played really solemn music that set the tone inside the haunted house.

Looking at the three girls that looked really want to play, Hanae persuaded, "Go on, I'm fine here. I promised I would be at the exit when you come out."

"Is it really okay?"

"No, I better accompany you, Hanae-chan. What if unsightly people come to bother you."

However, Reika said to them, "I will be here. Don't worry. No one will dare to do anything weird with me here." Reika's entourage also patted their chests and assured the three girls that they would safeguard Minazuki-sama's safety, making Kaori and friends relieved.

After the girls left, Hua turned to Reika and said, "Thank you so much, Inoue-san. It's okay if you want to go somewhere to rest. I'll be fine, really."

Reika puffed her chest and said, "No, I promised I'd stay with you, didn't I? I will do as I say."

"Is that so? Inoue-san is reliable, as always. Thank you for being so caring."

Reika was embarrassed by Hanae's praise. 

"Say, um... Minazuki-san."

"Huh? Yes, Inoue-san?"

"Oh, nothing, um..." She had always wanted to get closer to Hanae, but she knew her own reputation and didn't want to scare Hanae into becoming her friend. However, now that the opportunity was on hand, she suddenly didn't know what to say. "How are you doing? You know, with your studies and all?"

"Ah yes, I suppose the midterm is coming soon. I'm okay with the rest, however..." Hanae thought for a while before continuing, "I suppose math would be a problem..."

For the rest of the subjects, Hua can rely on her memory. As a fox demon, her concentration and memory are very good. She could basically remember the whole textbook after reading it a couple of times. But for math...