Prologue

She walked along the woods with just her eyes visible from her naqāb !

But she was unaware of someone watching her...... Too closely......

And soon she was dragged out of her path.

He pulled her harshly towards himself......!

Gasping, she collided with his chest ! She couldn't even stand properly when she heard him-
"Thakurāin....."
And her eyeballs almost tried to come out of her sockets.

She looked at him. In his eyes. Scared ! Colour draining off her face.

While he....just looked in her eyes.

The eyes which he hated once--no--now too ! Not trying to get affected by what all he saw just a few minutes back, he said loudly, vilely.....
"So, thakurā---"
But she immediately kept her hands on his mouth before he could complete.

"P---please, don't......"
She almost begged, with her eyes looking in the direction from where she was coming to see if Ashfāq was gone of not !

And he just looked into her eyes. Utterly Amused.

With Her hands making him feel a softness, which he had craved for years.

But he didn't let himself drown in it.

Moreover, his dark grey eyes were enough to ask his queries. But she couldn't answer her here.

So, soon she held his wrist in her small hand, dragging him behind her, maybe for the first time. But she couldn't care less. Some secrets were more important than her life. She had to keep them !

She brought him inside the old haveli. Standing in the verandah, she left his hand. And now facing him, she loosened her naqāb, leaving her neatly tied bun slightly loose in front of his eyes and her face visible.

But she stood with her eyes low.

And then, he.....
"Inaayat.......Inaayat Khan."
She freezed.

As for the first time, in these two years, he had taken her name.

"Or, Thakurain Inaayat Rāghavendra Agnihotri ?"

She closed her eyes shut. Shivering !

"Or.... Thākur sāhab ki Inaayat ? What should I call you ?"
Sarcasm dripping off his tone.
"Or, much better, A lier.......?! Hmm.....? What will happen if the villagers come to know about who you are ! Won't they feel betrayed ?! That you are the blood of The one who ruined them ! That bloody bastard----"

"Ple ---- please ! Thākur sāhab......!! I beg you ! Please don't.......!"
She shivered, just with the thought of it.

How could she lose the only people who treated her as a family ?!

"Please......."
Kneeling in front of him, she held his legs.

While he stiffened at her hold ! It was the first interaction between them since a month !

"I---I am trying to revive their soil back ! Please don't tell them anything about m---my identity. Or they'll deny taking my help ! A --- and it's almost done Thākur sāhab ! I need just an year ! Please..... The---then I will  sign any divorce pap----Aaah.......!!"
She felt pain in her head !

He squatted down near her---
"And What will I get.......? In return.......? Hmm ?"
He asked. Angered. Not knowing why.......

Or maybe, he knew.......

"Aah...... Please......"
Tears rolled down her pinkish cheeks.
"I---I'll d---Do anything in return........"
She sobbed.

He always made her cry.