18. Garmāhat

(Garmāhat ~ Warmth)

It was 2 am and the silence surrounding the Thākur haveli was roaring with faint whistles of the blowing cool breeze.

Tired of working now, Rāghavendra decided to move towards the bed.

Switching off the lights, he went inside his room only to find her on the verge of falling down. Just a small shift from her position would make her lie on the ground.

Rāghavendra immediately shifted on the bed and pulled her towards the middle.

"I can't tolerate your carelessness, Rebel."
Stroking her silky open hair, he whispered.

Slowly making himself lie down on bed, he pulled up the comforters.

Then snaking his hand towards her, he pulled her closer.

A simple click of his fingers was enough to turn off the lights in this room.

Rāghavendra nuzzled his face in her neck,
"Fuck........"
He mouthed. She was cold now, because of not covering herself with the comforters nicely enough.

But as soon as he took his arm off her, she again moved her hands to bring them out of the cover. Then kicking it away, she leisurely kept her leg out in open.

Rāghavendra gazed at her face.

He knew very well, that she was a damn heavy sleeper ! She won't wake up even if there was a disaster.

He again pulled her inside.
"I am tired, Madame......! Please have some mercy......"
He would never say it out loud. But smiled at her somnolent face and pouting lips.

She looked like a baby, like she really was.

Rāghavendra covered her with the duvets again.

But he knew, he had to do it again and again the whole night.

Well, Rāghavendra was patient enough to allow her sleep tantrums.

But at last he had to hold her tight in his arms, not allowing her to move any more.

"Bahut Ziddi ladki ho tum Inaayat Khan......"
(Such a stubborn girl you are, Inaayat Khan......)
He couldn't stop himself from commenting.
"Par tumhāre Sukoon ke liye tumse zindgībhar mahaz neend me bhī baat kar sakte hain....."
(But for your peace, I can even talk to you only in your sleep for the rest of my life.....)

He caressed the place where he had marked her the previous night with his thumb, kissing her temple softly.

And then drifted of to sleep with the passing moments.

The next morning, although a peaceful one for Rāghavendra, was something exactly opposite for Inaayat.

Slowly, her long beautiful lashes started rising up from their rest on her eyes.

And the first thing which she saw in front of her was...... Someone's hair.......?!

A little surprised, she rubbed and opened her eyes wide this time.

And was shocked to see the buttons of his kurtā all opened making his strong masculine chest visible to her.

She instantly tried to move away.

But was pulled back by his strong grip around herself.

Her fisted hand was resting on his open chest.

But she felt disgusted at this proximity !

Inaayat again pulled away, trying to free herself from his arms.