2. Parityaktā

(Parityaktā ~ an Abandoned lady)

The scene unfolding was scary ! Six men, or six bodies were hanging on the large Banyan tree in the middle of the village.

It was midnight !

Darkness all over !

But the shouts of people never stopped.

Neither did his hold on her thin wrist loosened ! He would never let her go !

"Call that maai from haveli !"
He ordered.

The fire of havan was blazing as same as his eyes. It was the only source of light in that dark world !

And now, even the residents of Muslim side of village started accumulating in that crowd.

Admist the shouts and slogans, her cries were unheard.

Soon, the lady arrived from Thakur haveli ! Some other people came running along with her !

Now, a mob of approx 300 people was standing there. With a victory on their faces, a satisfaction visible !!

But that lady, as soon as she saw thode men hanging under the Banyan tree, snatched a knife from someone standing beside her !

Moving towards thode bodies, she started stabbing them like a maniac !

"Hamari bitiya ko maaroge ??? How dare you ?!! How dare you bastards touch her !!!! My Meena........"
She looked possessed !
"See, see my daughter ! See.......your revenge has been taken !!! Look at them !!! Hanging here lifeless !!!!"
She screamed crying !

And, now definitely everyone could feel the pain of this mother. She lost her only child.

A daughter whom she nurtured for 15 years !!! She was no more !

Just because some fuckers couldn't control their lust !!!

"Can you see this ?! Or even now you can't understand how fucking devastating it is ?!"
Raghavendra said gritting his teeth. He dragged her towards the corpse of that girl and removed the bedsheet for her to see.
"See the manliness of these men of your house !!"
He roared !

But obviously, she couldn't see it.

She was hell scared ! Hiding behind Raghavendra, she shut her eyes close. Crying her heart out !

"Plea ---- please....... Please....... Le ---- let me go......"
She couldn't even speak now ! Crying continuously for hours !

She was shivering looking at that dead body in front of her !

He again started dragging her. This time, towards the fire. She tried hard to get away !!! But with whom was she joking ?! This was no joke !

He stood near the Banyan tree and declared his warning !!!
"See all this carefully ! Anybody.... From any side....... Who commits this grave sin again will be punished in the same manner !"
He didn't want any answer. It was more than an order.
"Panditji, shuru kijiye......."
(Panditji, start it.......)
He ordered Panditji and sat down pulling her along with him !
"Today this Altaaf will see his own daughter's respect being soiled ! Maybe then he will not repeat this mistake in his next lives too......"
He said dangerously.

And now, the girl could only look at his face shining in that fire !

The priest was chanting mantras.......

While the villagers were looking at each other or at the drama going on in front !

What was happening here ? Below, it was a marriage taking place, and above, there were more than half a dozen bodies hanging with blood oozing out of them !