5. Laalsa

(Laalsa ~ A desire)

Rāghavendra's POV

That night after I came back, I could smell the spices and curries which could make my stomach growl even though I was more than full.

So as soon as I entered, I told Bihāri kāka -
"I won't eat Kāka. And..... I am going to sleep."

I just informed and went towards my room. I could feel his and others gazes on my back.

I cared,but not for the one who prepared that food.

I freshened up and changed into my tshirt and trousers. I decided to work for the time I don't feel like sleeping.

My business here was taken care of nicely even in my absence. I was supervising it from London. Although some of the sectors needed more attention but I was satisfied with the progresses. I like punctuality and hate procrastination. And my employees know that nicely enough.

After a continuous reading of files for two hours, I stretched my arms, excercising my stiff neck.

I could feel the cool breeze blowing outside. The wind was gorgeously entering from balcony and exiting towards a window on my other side.

My room is the biggest one in this mansion. Attached with it is my study and my office. Currently I was in my office. My table is kept in the middle of this room such that I can see my room if the door is open.

I could see the curtains flowing along with wind.

Tired, I moved towards my room now switching off the lights here.

I decided to smoke for a while as I was craving. Lighting the cigarette, I moved towards the large window of my room which opened towards the backside of my haveli.

The side which belonged to my memories, the side where old Thākur haveli was situated and the side...... Which was nothing more than a dense forest now. The distance between my haveli and the old one was now a path covered with large trees.

I was standing looking at that vegetation. Rings of smoke escaping from my lips......

I kept one of my foot on the windowsill.

I think I saw some light there.

I looked at it more keenly. And soon I could locate the balcony of a room in old haveli.

It had a few yellow coloured bulbs lightening there.

Holding the cigarette between my lips I held my phone in one of my hands. Then opened the camera and zoomed it till everything was clear for me.

I could see.......

She was standing there holding the railing from one of her hand and a book in other.....

But...... I could see only below her chest. Her face covered by branches between our places.

I stood there against the window leaning on it. My phone still in place. My lips tugging a burning cigarette and my mind.......

My mind again being clouded by the puzzle that she is !

Her retaliation makes me tease her more ! Her answers make me taunt her more ! Her words make my words harsher ! Her views make me clash with her more fiercely.......!

But her cries from that day made me feel something else.

In the last two years, there was not even a single night when I didn't think about her.