23. Anantkāl

(Anantkāl ~ Eternity)

It was so silent here. Silent.......yeah..... again........!

But the last time he remembered, he was shouting like a madman.

It was as if he was sleeping since ages, when slowly, he tried to open his eyes.

He needed to rub his heavy eyes. But as soon as he tried to move his hand, a sharp pain ran through his arm.

He winced.

And soon....

"Bh ---- Bhaiyā......!"
Arjun jumped up from where he was sitting and came close to him.
"Bhaiyā -----N----nurse......!!"
He shouted.

And all Rāghavendra could do was to scrunch his face.
"Don't.... shout......"
He said, in a low but deep voice.

Soon a nurse had come inside and the lights were turned on.

"Have you called the doctor.....?"
Arjun asked the nurse to which she nodded.

Then forwarded her hands to check for the cannula connected to Rāghavendra's wrist.

"Where's.....she.....?"
Rāghavendra asked looking at Arjun who looked terribly exhausted standing in front of him.

But at his question, Arjun looked at the man laying in front of him looking dead into his eyes with a thousand more questions glimmering in them.
"And.....that's the first question after you get up from a good two days long sleep......?"
All his unkempt self was enough to tell Rāghavendra that he was sitting in this hell of a room since a long......or.....very long time...

"I fuck------"
He winced again as he tried to say in a louder voice. It pained in the arm but a little pressure to his muscles was enough to make him feel it. He took a deep breath. He had seen worse than this. Then gaining the strength to talk again, he looked at Arjun one more time.
"Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me with these fucking comments of yours.....?"
He was slow but dangerous this time.
"I asked -----"

"Bhaiyā...."
Arjun looked into Rāghavendra's eyes.
"Mai bhāi hūn āpkā. Well, kam se kam mujhe to yahī lagtā hai......"
(I am your brother. Well, atleast I think so.....)

Rāghavendra, looking at him, was understanding what he wanted to say.

"Bahut acchī baat hai......"
(It's a nice thing.....)
He plainly commented.

And why won't he ? He was a champion of teases.

"But I am asking you something else, Arjun......."
He furthered.

"She is where you told your men to be with her. In the Purānī havelī."
He said looking towards anywhere but him.

Arjun's tired self was not hidden a bit from his elder brother.

"And......that woman.......?"
Rāghavendra asked again.

And this was when Arjun couldn't control.
"Ohho atleast give your mind a bit of rest after all this, Thākur Sāhab......!"
He gritted his teeth badly with his eyes all pink with.....maybe, irritation ?
"You couldn't even tell me about your plans of rescue ! Weren't you sure that atleast I won't be a traitor, huh ?! And there you go laying down all yourself when a hundred of men stand for their duty ! The fucking hell it was to see you getting all unconcious !"

The nurse, frightened of the words being spilled from the mouths of both the brothers, just took a step back keeping her head low.

Rāghavendra took a look at her, and then, at his.......maybe angered brother.