21. Sannātā

(Sannātā ~ Silence)

"It's your choice Maajid Sāhab......"
He said, but in a tone not so happy.

"I would say it again, Thākur Sāhab......"
Maajid tried to provide for a solution beyond the limits.
"Nothing is more important than your 'own' decision. It's your life afterall. Whatever I said on that day was because of a momentary heat ! Please, think wisely before you say anything........."

"There is nothing for me to say, Maajid Sāhab......"
Rāghavendra lifted his gaze from the file kept on the table.
"That was never my choice. The day my mother gave you a word, I was obliged to fulfill it. And now for the god's sake, I can't back down just because of some petty issues. The decision was for a bigger good. To instillate the lost belief of Muslims in the Agnihotrī name.......! Atleast, I can't back down now. But surely......if you have any doubt regarding the girl living in my room, then I give my word that never in my sanity have I done anything beyond the line ! I have a responsibility of her safety. I have a tip that somebody close enough is behind her who doesn't want the things and plans which she is making for the Saptagrāma to flourish........! I can't take any risk by keeping her out in the danger. But......there is surely nothing........"
He breathed.
"Between us....."

There is.....

Arjun standing just behind him would feel the strain he had to put speaking those last words. His brother was never a lier. Never ever ! So speaking was never difficult for him. He needn't care about anybody ! Untill now.......

Maajid Sheikh took his leave after a few minutes. But not before looking at Arjun for once who bring them here all the way from Hyderabad on his own responsibility.

"Bhaiyā....... D ----- don't do this....."
Arjun stuttred but said anyhow in a hushed tone.

"Move out Arjun. I need the files for tomorrow's presentation......"
Rāghavendra again focused on what he was doing.

And now Arjun had no way but to see his brother struggling with his long lost emotion, which surely he was feeling but couldn't admit !

Arjun moved out of Rāghavendra's office.

While here, he sighed, keeping his head on the backrest and staring at the cieling.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Lovely monsoon winds had hit the villages this week.

Rāghavendra was out strolling in the village along with some of his men on guard. The mafias were active now. As Altaaf's death was a history now, they were again ready for carrying out the things that Rāghvendra suppressed everytime.

But after some time, the scene was totally changed here.

"It's not a nice thing to play, bacche. Give it back to me."

"A------nehi........"
A four year old answered clutching Rāghavendra's personal gun in both of his small hands.
"Diskyaun......!!"
He giggled pointing it towards him.

Actually, the kid had come running and fell down a few feet away from him. He picked the kid up and was looking if he had any injury, when the kid recognized the thing peeping out of his pocket.

Well, Rāghvendra wasn't ready enough for this daytime robbery.

And now his own personal gun was being pointed towards him.

"Come, baby......"
He opened his large arms and sat on his knees again.
"We'll go somewhere in our car."
He pointed towards the cars standing a few metres away.

The kid looked at it. Rāghavendra tried to grab the gun but failed and got disbalanced in front of him.

The kid giggled instead. Again pointing the gun towards Rāghavendra,
"Dooshi le lo thākul chhāb....."
(Take another one, Thākur Sāhab....)