E I G H T

"LIES, LIES, LIES." Asra shook her head, dark curly hair moving. "No way in hell you're going to get me to believe that you missed a party because you were studying."

"You don't have to believe it to make it true." I stated, tossing one of my dried mangos at her.

"And Easton missed too?" Asra pulled the fruit out from her long hair. "Is this some secret club I'm not apart of?"

I watched as Easton's lips slowly formed into a smile. Turning his head, he met my gaze. He was the only one who knew what we were both doing that day.

"I told you Weston couldn't help me." I avoided his gaze, choosing to reply to my cousin. "So he did."

The whole table was talking about the college party that East and I missed out on. I hadn't known how big it was until a couple people started talking about it and wouldn't stop.

Part of me wanted to show up but the other half didn't really care that much.

"Alright. Enough of irrelevant ass people," Kade spoke up, leaning his elbows against the outdoor lunch table. His blue bands showed from his braces when he smiled. "Let's talk about me."

"You're so self centered I'm started to think that you're more in love with yourself than any girl."

Kade smiled at my comment, dipping his head down and letting his curls tousle. "I'd think I was pretty in love with that girl yesterday."

"She's in college, Kade." Asra reminded him for the tenth time already.

"She was seventeen." He looked back up, meeting the gaze of his sister. "She graduated early."

"The fact is, she's still in college." Asra rejected the idea once again. "What does a college student want with a kid?"

"Don't be mad because no older guy wants you." Kade smiled, getting cocky.

"My boyfriend is an older guy."

"He doesn't count."

Devin smiled and lightly shook his head.

"This shit is weird." Asra crinkled her brows, finally done with the conversation. "Everybody wants to fuck the fifteen year old."

I shook my head, a light smile resting at my lips as I tuned the conversation out. It didn't take a lot for my gaze to end up back at Easton beside me.

Instead of him meeting my gaze, he was looking down at his phone. It seemed like he had tuned the conversation out sooner than I did since he wasn't paying attention at all.

I glanced past him, seeing as a group of people were walking out of the school, heading outside to find a table. I recognized one of the girls that walked by, seeing her walk past our table.

She looked over, a light smile touching her lips as she acknowledged me. Her long hair was resting down her shoulders, straight and silky as it brought out her brown eyes.

She wore a fitted shirt that framed her body and jeans that held her shape. Her makeup was done, highlighting every detail across her face.

Salem brought her attention in front of her briefly, turning around the next second to look at our table again. Concurrently, she met Easton's gaze. Her lips slowly spread into a smile, holding him in a warm kiss.

He was frozen in place, his eyes locked on her own eyes. Her whole presence tethered him in, holding him in a trance as he watched her until she turned around, continuing through the outside tables.

I guess they didn't break up.

***

It had came to a point in my life where I couldn't decipher between whether I actually liked lying or hated it.