E I G H T E E N

Easton Sandoval

"NEVER knew basketball was considered rocket science for you." Kade crossed his arms, eyeing the score that was visible from the arcade game.

"Suck my dick," Devin grabbed another basketball after the other one hit off the backboard.

"I'm afraid that my sister is the only one that does it."

Asra tossed a basketball into the hoop and scored another point. "Kade, I'm not afraid to beat your ass in front of everyone in this arcade."

"My mom says you're not allowed to hit me anymore."

We were at the bowling alley, hanging out on a random Saturday in December. We were always here since Laken worked every weekend.

He would get us shoes and a lane for free.

At the moment though, we were in the arcade area of the place. Ace and Devin were playing at one of basketball games.

She was winning in the game, over ten points ahead of him. I started to think that that came from KT forcing her to play basketball with him in their neighborhood all the time.

I never understood his love for the Lakers or basketball specifically. He loved the sport so much that I started to wonder how he ended up in football.

Devin brought his hands into a better position and let go of the basketball. It rolled around the rim for a long minute.

"I think I should join the basketball team." He commented, seeing that the basketball finally tipped in.

"Don't quit your day job," Kade stood up on the skee ball machine that was beside the basketball game. He leaned over the railing and caught the next basketball that Devin shot. It clearly was going to miss the net, but he instead dropped it inside. It allowed the score to go up.

"Not gonna lie, you actually suck." He mentioned while he caught the next basketball and dropped it into the net. "You need to stick to football."

"Just shut up and help me win."

"Cheating is insane," Asra tossed another basketball inside the net. Steadily, her score went up. But, it couldn't exactly compare to the cheating side.

The alarm went off and signaled that the game was over. The score was 46-42.

"Yeah, baby." Devin smiled over at Asra, being cocky about his win.

She pressed her lips together, unamused by him. "You guys suck."

"Coming from someone who just lost a game." Kade hopped off the game machine and landed on the ground beside Devin. "I could care less."

"You need Kade to fight your battles," Layla lifted her hand to her hair and pulled it over to one shoulder. "That's hella lame."

"Here you two go." Devin sighed, immediately taking notice of the tag teaming that was happening.

Asra leaned her elbow on Layla's right shoulder, using her as an arm rest. Glancing over, she lightly smiled. "He's just mad because he can't play basketball."

"Can you bowl though?" Devin tilted his head, making eye contact with his girlfriend.

Asra shrugged her shoulders in response. "Obviously."

"Kade and me against you and Layla." Devin suggested and glanced between the two. "It's clear on who'll win."

"I can't bowl tonight," Layla declined the scheduled game. She lifted her right hand up. "I just got them done the other day."