T W E L V E

"YOU should've been the bigger person and not said anything."

"I'm a teenaged boy," Kade lifted his shoulders, staring at the black Camaro in the school parking lot. "I'll never be the bigger person."

Asra rested her hands in the pockets of her gray sweatpants. Her black curly hair lightly blew in the breeze while she remained silent.

Her black Camaro had been vandalized during sometime around first block.

We had only found out so soon since it was class change, moving towards second block. We were all supposed to be on our way to our classes by now, but Asra had forgot her homework inside her car.

KT and I followed her out here since we were already outside anyways to get to our next classes.

We expected to find the homework. Not white spray paint covering her car.

The words two faced covered the hood of her car. Cunt was written on the driver side of her car. The rest of the car held scribbled lines of paint.

"She better hope this comes off or I'm really beating her ass."

"You just beat two guys with a bat," I started, looking over at Asra. "I don't think you need to get into another fight."

"There won't be one if I don't see her." Asra replied, still staring at her vandalized car. She had grown silent, thinking things over.

I knew she completely made up her mind about fighting Brooklyn when she left without a word, walking away from the parking lot to head to class.

Kade let out a breath, lifting a hand to the back of his head while he was quiet for a moment. "We're definitely getting suspended."

"You better stop her."

"Stop her?" He repeated, turning his gaze to me. His black, curly hair peeked out from underneath the hood of his gray hoodie. "This is my dad's car. She's not letting that go."

I had forgotten that.

Since Asra had turned sixteen, she was gifted her dad's Chevrolet Camaro. Clearly, she took pride in it since it was one of the few things her dad left behind when he was on his long deployments.

For Brooklyn to spray paint her car was pretty low. It was fucked up.

"Look, we'll just key her car later tonight when she's at cheer practice," I offered, already knowing where Brooklyn lived. "We'll get even."

Kade scoffed at that, starting to walk alongside me towards the school so that we wouldn't be late for class. "I hate the way your little white mind works."

"I feel like you always forget that you're white too."

"Not full, so I don't carry the stupidity you have." He shook his head at me. "We're not getting even by committing a felony. We're getting even by committing an ass whooping."

"Suit yourself when you get suspended."

"You act like you weren't suspended last year when you dropped your cart in front of Atkins." He referred to our principal busting me out last year. "One week in hell with your mom."

"I'm a changed person."

"Sure," Kade stepped away from me, walking backwards to the direction he needed to go. "I'll see you at lunch."

"See you."

I walked into the building, heading down the hallway to find my U.S history class. It didn't take long before I found myself at the door.