18

The memory shows them outside of the bank walking through diagon alley once more, harry is seen with most of his equipment and still reading his list.

"I still need...a wand?"

Hagrid chuckles, "Well, yeh'll want Ollivanders. There ain't no place better. Go on and run along there ad wait i just got one more thing to do, don't worry i wont be long."

Harry quietly enters the store looking around at the multiple shelves of wands.

"Hello?"

"Harry...little you is so cute i just want to squeeze you."

Turning towards his wife, "dear, Monty looks just like me go squeeze him if you are feeling the need."

Ginny rolls her eyes and turns back towards the memories.

A man appears on a ladder and smiles at harry, "i was wondering when I'd be seeing you...it seem like only yesterday that you mother and father were in here buying their first wands."

Before harry can say anything a wand is shoved into his hand, and is immediately snatched back.

After several failed attempts at choosing a wand, Harry is given one more and it immediately glows and warms his hand.

"Curious...very curious."

"Oh yeahhh i forgot about my little wand thing."

Everyone turns toward harry, "what do you mean?"

"It's literally about to be explained...i swear you people have no patience."

That earned him quite a few pinches from people.

"Sorry, but what's curious?"

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, it just so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather resides in you wand gave another feather. Just one. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar."

Gasps sounded the room causing harry to roll his eyes, "it's really not that big of a deal. Honestly it doesn't even cause me much trouble."

"And who owned the wand?"

"We do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why, but i think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, he-who-must-not-be-named achieved great things, terrible? Yes, it great nonetheless."

"Odd way of putting it but okay..."

Sirius giggled at Remus's sass, "honestly sometimes i think that man isn't all right in the head. I mean who says that to a child?"

Harry startles when a knock is heard at he window.

"Harry! Happy birthday!" Hagrid is seen with a snowy owl in a cage. "Her name is Hedwig!"

Harry adopts a huge grin on his face, "WOW! Thank you Hagrid!"

"Aww Hedwig i miss her."

Lily turns toward Ginny, "did something happen to her?"

"She was killed near the final battle when i was trying to get away from Voldemort."

Lily pats harry on the back, "maybe she will be a returner."

He smiles at his mum and nods his head.

The next memory shows harry and Hagrid quietly eating at the leaky cauldron.

"You all right there?"

"He killed my parents didn't he? The one who gave me the scar?"

Hagrid signs and pushes his bowls away, "First, and understand this Harry, cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. His name was.."

Harry noticing Hagrid hesitating, "you can always write it down?"

"No...I can't spell it." He leans in closer and in a hushed voice whispers the name, "Voldemort."

"Honestly that was so dramatic for just a stupid sounding name."

Everyone gives harry exasperated looks, "what!"

They all shake their heads and turn back towards the memories.

"Voldemort?"

Hagrids face goes white, "shhhhh!"

"Harry you're such a little shit."

Said little shit rolls his eyes and flips Sirius off earning an indignant squawk from the man.

"It was dark times. Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought em' over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents...they fought against him, but nobody lived, not once he decided to kill em'. Nobody...cep't you."

"Why did he try to kill me?"

"Not to sure, but that ain't no ordinary scary on your face harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by an evil curse."

"What happened to him?"

Hagrid sighs, "well, some say he dies. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, i reckon he's still out there. Too tired to carry on, but one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. Thats why yer famous. Thats why everyone knows yer name, yer the boy who lived."

"Wow...that was depressing."

"Honestly Ronald can't you be serious for one second?"

"Hermione i was just trying to lighting the depressing atmosphere!"

everyone giggled at the married couples bickering, not that Hermione would admit it but Ron definitely knew how to brighten the mood.