3

After explaining everything to the couple to the best of her ability she apparated them both to the ministry of magic to see the head auror.

Ginny guided them through the new and improved halls and right up to a fancy looking office door. She knocked and hearing a soft "come in" walked in without hesitation.

James and Lily warily followed her inside and immediately went to scrutinizing the head auror, the most they could see was a mop of curly hair similar to Jame's. He hadn't bothered looking up as they walked in, instead continuing with the paperwork he was working on.

Ginny walked right up to the desk tapping the man on the head, causing him to look up and immediately beam at the sight of her.

Lily softly gasped at seeing his eyes, they were identical to hers, emerald green.

The auror seemed to focused on Ginny to see who the others in room had been. He got up from his seat to greet his wife when he finally got a look at the two people in his office.

He slightly stumbled forward in surprise paling slightly, he looked Ginny in shock.

She smiled warmly at him, "If you had given me a moment Harry I would have told you so it wouldn't have come as such a surprise."

Harry took a. Shuddering breath and turned toward his parents, he schooled his expression as he studied them. They had clearly not realized that he was their son yet.

"If you two would please make your way over to a seat please."

As they followed his directions they got a look at the nameplate on his desk.

Harry James Potter
      Head Auror

Both James and Lily gasped and tears sprung to their eyes. They silently rejoiced the fact that they had saved their son that night and he had grown into a successful man.

Harry clapped his hands, "Okay, I'm sure that you are very confused about what's happening and more importantly how this has happened. There will be an explanation once we make sure that you are who you claim to be."

Before they could say anything there was a knock at the door.